What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Display Picture Saver

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Display Picture Saver
Author: Message:
The Brain

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Display Picture Saver
Thanks guys, appreciate the support. I've just been away for the week, but will look into adding your suggestions in the next few days.

Although some of them I won't be able to do. Eg, saving Dynamic DPs,  I have no idea how to do that. Also, resorting saved DPs would be impractical. Some things would just not be possible. Eg, if you've been saving them according to their display name, I can't keep track of which display names belong to which email addresses, if you want to re sort them. Moving files to a new home directory might be easy enough, I'll look into it.

As for saving all DPs, as if they had been updated, try the /dpgetall command, it should do what you want.
07-16-2006 02:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
tkh7819

RE: Display Picture Saver
Would DPGet be able to check if the DP is already saved when auto saving?
07-18-2006 08:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ben_b

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Display Picture Saver
quote:
Originally posted by tkh7819

Maybe if you're saving display pictures by email it could check each display picture saved for that contact and make sure it's different before saving it.
07-18-2006 09:31 AM
tkh7819

RE: RE: RE: Display Picture Saver
quote:
Originally posted by ben_b
quote:
Originally posted by tkh7819

Maybe if you're saving display pictures by email it could check each display picture saved for that contact and make sure it's different before saving it.

I think only the few recent display pictures (like the recent two or three) is enough.
07-19-2006 02:52 AM
just_a_name

This is an awesome script!!!

I had a problem almost straight away though. I tried the /dpgetall command and it reported that at least one contact didn't have a display picture, but those with were saved correctly (words to that effect). However only one photo was saved.

I then enabled /dpautoget, and it saved a whole bunch of images (about 90 sth). Brilliant... however... I decided I wanted to sort by folder, so deleted them... but am now without a way to resave the display pictures (due to the /dpgetall command not working).

Ideas?

Best script I've seen so far. Keep it up!

[edit]
idea... when the toast pops up saying 1 image has been updated, maybe clicking the text would open the image?
[/edit]

This post was edited on 08-04-2006 at 11:36 AM by just_a_name.
08-04-2006 09:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ben_b

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Display Picture Saver
quote:
Originally posted by just_a_name
This is an awesome script!!!

I had a problem almost straight away though. I tried the /dpgetall command and it reported that at least one contact didn't have a display picture, but those with were saved correctly (words to that effect). However only one photo was saved.

I then enabled /dpautoget, and it saved a whole bunch of images (about 90 sth). Brilliant... however... I decided I wanted to sort by folder, so deleted them... but am now without a way to resave the display pictures (due to the /dpgetall command not working).

Ideas?

Best script I've seen so far. Keep it up!

[edit]
idea... when the toast pops up saying 1 image has been updated, maybe clicking the text would open the image?
[/edit]

If you remove and readd the script and then set the options and then enable /dpautoget it should work.
08-04-2006 02:28 PM
just_a_name

RE: RE: RE: Display Picture Saver
quote:
Originally posted by ben_b
If you remove and readd the script and then set the options and then enable /dpautoget it should work.

Thankyou kindly :)

Hoping the suggestion could be implemented (though what if more than 1 photo is updated? hmm).
08-04-2006 06:40 PM
The Brain

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Display Picture Saver
Update: See first post.

to answer some queries in the thread:

• /dpgetall should work properly now - sorry about that bug there, bad programming by me!
  • Clicking a "xx Display Pictures Saved" Toast will open up the home directory for saved DPs now. When I have some time, I might look into opening the individual folders (if using sorting options) but that is it for now. Hope it is useful.
  • Unless someone can give me a way to compare images, I won't be adding any sort of checking for previously used DPs. Sorry that they always get doubled up. It annoys me too.

Thanks for the support, hope this new version continues and improves your experience!

Dallin
08-26-2006 09:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Elron

Just recently installed this script.  It looks like it has promise, but I have a rather large contact list and don't want it to save everyones display picture.  Is it possible to set it to automatically save 1 particular persons display picture for example?  If not, would this be a modification you would consider in futher updates to the script?

If it already can do this, please could you point me in the right direction to the correct commands ;)  I've read the whole readme.txt and I can't seem to see that option anywhere.  The autoget one seems to do it for all contacts does it not?
08-28-2006 10:36 PM
boston
Banned

i got this but i want to change the file path to my pictures and ive tried changing the file path code but i just messed it up so give me the code i need to replace...it needs to go to my pictures
:D:D:DD:D:D:D:DD:D
08-29-2006 08:12 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: