What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug with Event Viewer/contact information

Bug with Event Viewer/contact information
Author: Message:
mattd

O.P. Bug with Event Viewer/contact information
Hi,

Thanks for your work for the new version - like the new HTML logs.

Getting a bug with the event viewer and/or contact information though.  Its not updating for some users, but is for others.

E.g. one of my contacts is online, but there is nothing in the log showing when she came online, and the "Contact Information" hasn't updated either, but there is updated information for other users.

I've attached a screenshot showing an example of what is going on.  Contact is online and I can chat to her, but the event viewer and the contact information has not updated to show this and is still showing the details from yesterday.  For users with standard characters in their name (i.e. who don't have $ etc) its updating fine though, so wondering if its a problem there.

This is using MSN 8.0.0792.00 and msgplus 4.0.0.234.   I've got the latest messbe patch installed too, but other than that nothing else.  I'm using a standard WinXP pro sp2 install.  One thing that might be of significance is that I hibernate my laptop instead of turning it off.

Incidentally - could you add a menu item for the event viewer back to the Plus icon popup menu, and include a date in the event viewer "Time" column? Was really, really handy to have it there before and I only really use plus for the event viewer and logging...

If you need any more details please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

.jpg File Attachment: eventerror.JPG (80.34 KB)
This file has been downloaded 142 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 05:47 PM by mattd.
06-26-2006 05:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Bug with Event Viewer/contact information
In your screenshot it all seems right?
06-26-2006 05:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mattd

O.P. RE: Bug with Event Viewer/contact information
No in the screenshot its not showing the event where she came online today, and it is not showing the last-seen thing as "Today".   All the details are for yesterday, none of the events for today have been updated.

edit: just to clarify:

Yesterday was the 25th - the items in the event viewer are for yesterdays events.  Today is the 26th - no events are shown for today for that contact, despite comming online and changing personal message.

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 05:56 PM by mattd.
06-26-2006 05:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: