What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » suggestions a doubts of MP!L

suggestions a doubts of MP!L
Author: Message:
[Tin_Man]

39 / Male / –
O.P. suggestions a doubts of MP!L
the new plus is great, really awesome :D

but I notice some things that I think can be improved, I know Patchou didn’t implement all the things yet but he can se this as a TODO :P

1- in the tabbed conversations, if I remember in the old plus, if we right click in the tab we can go directly to the options of the tabs.

2- and by the way why not some of the options plus have when right click on a contact to be when we right click on the contact in the tab? Ex: (open the links of the person name)

3- the new log system is very good, but there is a little thing I don’t like, and this is the names of the folders, for example:

- August 2004
- August 2005
- December 2003
- December 2004
- December 2005
- February 2004
- February 2005
- February 2006

I don’t know if this is of plus itself or of the translators, but the folders can be renamed for: “Year – (Mouth number) Mouth” or at least without the mouth number it can give some more order to the list…

4- the idle feature is very nice, but we just know if it’s idle if we put the mouse in the contact… it’s possible to put a new buddy icon with for example some zZz’s?

And it’s all for now…

I’m sorry for my poor English, hope you understand… ;)
[Image: baltas.png]
06-26-2006 09:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: suggestions a doubts of MP!L
quote:
Originally posted by [Tin_Man]
“Year – (Mouth number) Mouth

I agree.... putting it year, month would organize it a bit better IMO.... but I'm using it to be sorted by contact, but I bet it'll do the same thing with the folders for each contact as soon as they're that old.
06-26-2006 09:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
1- in the tabbed conversations, if I remember in the old plus, if we right click in the tab we can go directly to the options of the tabs.
What exact options do you mean? There are options to 'Open Chat Log..', 'Copy E-mail to Clipboard', 'Close Chat Window', Etc.

quote:
2- and by the way why not some of the options plus have when right click on a contact to be when we right click on the contact in the tab? Ex: (open the links of the person name)
The Plus! menu is the same, however I don't see much point of putting non-Plus! features in the 'tab right-click menu', when you can go to Actions and get most of the 'links' there.

[Image: 15gn.png]
[Image: 20ct.png]

quote:

I don’t know if this is of plus itself or of the translators, but the folders can be renamed for: “Year – (Mouth number) Mouth” or at least without the mouth number it can give some more order to the list…
I like your idea about the numbers in the folder names, that would give it some order.

quote:

4- the idle feature is very nice, but we just know if it’s idle if we put the mouse in the contact… it’s possible to put a new buddy icon with for example some zZz’s?
Idle is basically the same as Away, just it means they are actually away. It would be kind of easy I guess, but not much point in my eyes.

That's just my opinion anyway :)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-26-2006 09:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
[Tin_Man]

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: suggestions a doubts of MP!L
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
What exact options do you mean? There are options to 'Open Chat Log..', 'Copy E-mail to Clipboard', 'Close Chat Window', Etc.

I was talking in the MP!L options menu...
If we rigth click on the tab, we can enter the "Plus! -> Options -> Conversation -> tabbed..." in one click...
I really think this was implemented in the old Plus, but maybe i'm wrong... :P
[Image: baltas.png]
06-26-2006 10:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(V)oribundenVampir

Well... I have some ideas too.

Most of them concerning the custom sounds library (not the one in the conversation window):

1) To be possible to type the first and subsequent letters of a sound and automatically select the sound. For instance: McGiver, then I would type 'M' and it would go to the very first sound which first letter would start with an 'M', and then I would type 'cgiver" and it would select that sound. Basically, it is the exact behaviour that the Windows' Shell offers us.
The old MPv3 had this feature.

2) To be able to hide/unhide two or more custom sounds at the same time, and not the way it's limited now (a user would have to tick and untick one by one).
The old MPv3 had this feature also.

3) This WOULD be a new feature to the custom sounds library: Since the new "last used date" is great, I believe a nice "space-saving" (in the conversation windows' custom sounds dialog) feature could it be to be able to automatically HIDE the sounds after N days of unusage.
To put this feature clear, I suggest a new option could be added in the preferences dialog.
Eg.
Automatically hide a custom sound after <N> days of unusage.

This can be, as explained, an optional feature and very confortable since the new dialog is smaller and that would ease the sound search (I know there's a new search bar on it, but this requires the user to type the name and the rest would dissapear).

Well... Whenever I come out with another thing I would write it down here. ^^

Thanks Patchou for the hard work and we're looking forward to a newer build!
06-26-2006 10:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: