What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » I dont like the contact list in Windows Live Messenger

I dont like the contact list in Windows Live Messenger
Author: Message:
garethwilliams

O.P. I dont like the contact list in Windows Live Messenger
I dont like the small icons for each user. I liked the big ones.

Next thing. i dont like the way the contact list is actually set up. I just use standard sorting- online/offline

In MSN 7.5 with Plus, once you customised one users name, all of the contacts were listed in order of their email address, but were displayed by either their display name or the custom name you give them.

i have a fairly large contact list, & when you have 300 contacts that often change their display name, it takes a while to find them when they are displayed in alphabetical order of their display name. i liked it how i could have my contacts sorted by email address but still see them by either their display name or my custom name i had given them.

does anyone know of anyway i can view them in order of email address, but actually viewable by their display name?
06-28-2006 06:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
fergofrog

31 / Male / –
RE: I dont like the contact list in Windows Live Messenger
One way is to use the search feature, it's in a box that says "Find a contact or number...", just type in their addy or part of their name.
[Image: fergofrog.png][Image: repute.gif]
06-28-2006 07:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by garethwilliams
I dont like the small icons for each user. I liked the big ones.

Look on the right side of the contacts screen. There are a set of green up-down arrows ("Manage Contacts"). Then select "Show Details". Volia!

quote:
Next thing. i dont like the way the contact list is actually set up. I just use standard sorting- online/offline.

In MSN 7.5 with Plus, once you customised one users name, all of the contacts were listed in order of their email address, but were displayed by either their display name or the custom name you give them.

In the same menu, select "Sort by Status".

quote:
i have a fairly large contact list, & when you have 300 contacts that often change their display name, it takes a while to find them when they are displayed in alphabetical order of their display name.

Use the word wheel located to the left of the arrows. It looks up EVERYTHING about the contact: email adress, personal message, display name, etc..

And in WLM, you can have up to 600 contacts.

EDIT: This should be posted under MSN Messenger/ Windows Messenger. This has nothing to do with Messenger Plus! whatsoever.

This post was edited on 07-04-2006 at 11:42 AM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6564 days, 19 hours, 5 minutes, 26 seconds ago.

06-28-2006 11:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zaggi

Im looking for that to.

Nagamasa.
If you use "sort by status" it will sort by status, not there email adress. And that what we want

Actually it is a WML thing, cause the old one to 7.5 had a option to sort the list - but the new one is missing that option. So I says its a WML thingy. In there u could sort ur list, so it sorted by mail, and still showing there names in MSN. U can't do that without that old WML option.

09-13-2007 06:52 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by zaggi
Im looking for that to.

Nagamasa.
If you use "sort by status" it will sort by status, not there email adress. And that what we want

Actually it is a WML thing, cause the old one to 7.5 had a option to sort the list - but the new one is missing that option. So I says its a WML thingy. In there u could sort ur list, so it sorted by mail, and still showing there names in MSN. U can't do that without that old WML option.
In the menus at the top of your contact list (you may need to press a button to display it, ALT works if you cant find it) go to Contacts > View Contacts by... > E-mail Address.
[Image: markee.png]
09-13-2007 10:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaggi

RE: RE: I dont like the contact list in Windows Live Messenger
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by zaggi
Im looking for that to.

Nagamasa.

In the menus at the top of your contact list (you may need to press a button to display it, ALT works if you cant find it) go to Contacts > View Contacts by... > E-mail Address.

True, but then it shows the email adress, and not the nicknames in the contact list.. And I still want the nicks :-)

Or am I missing something?
09-14-2007 06:11 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: