What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Loss of previous contact information

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Loss of previous contact information
Author: Message:
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Loss of previous contact information
quote:
Originally posted by Seggae Man
Its not over reacting, Its just its a lot of hassle to keep reconfiguring everytime, escpecially since all these updated messengers arn't even really needed.

And then one day when your Widows Live/MSN Messenger then has problems you end up either coing here and pointing fingers at everybody, or you chop the heads off the deveolper of Messenger for not updating it. Typical way for an person who has no programming expertise or has little to know coputing knowledge to think. Look, if you really want my opinion, you choose what is best for you and if your can't be bothered spending say 30 - 40  mins a day doing it all, the you have massive problems. If I'm not mistaken a forum member (Can't remember right now but I think it was RaceProUK) posted somewhere about having around 300 contacts and that he renamed each and every single one AGAIN using the WLM feature AND it didn't take him very long. Can't find the link right now but when I do find it I'll edit this post.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
07-25-2006 12:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Loss of previous contact information
I don't have 300 contacts, but individually renaming 129 still takes a while.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-25-2006 02:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Seggae Man

o_O er.. hi

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: RE: Loss of previous contact information
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
And then one day when your Widows Live/MSN Messenger then has problems you end up either coing here and pointing fingers at everybody, or you chop the heads off the deveolper of Messenger for not updating it. Typical way for an person who has no programming expertise or has little to know coputing knowledge to think. Look, if you really want my opinion, you choose what is best for you and if your can't be bothered spending say 30 - 40  mins a day doing it all, the you have massive problems.

Thats not what i meant.
What i meant is they add and change so many features when they don't need to. just my "2 cents" as they say. But I myself find myself always turning off nudges, winks, custom emoticons, colourfl names, and whatever else they add that has no benifit and just disturbs me from doing what i wanna do, chat.
And they release so many of these new things that plus has to change and adapt accordingly which takes time and then features which are useful (such as the name change stuff) have to be left out (or delayed)

thats why i stay with older versions as long as possible (until everythings got the same options as it in the 'updated' version)
07-25-2006 11:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: