What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)

Pages: (9): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
4 votes - 3 average   [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
Author: Message:
nx01rules

Infinite Diversity

37 / Male / –
O.P. Cool  [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
I have released a Beta version of the Session Open Notifier for Windows Live Messenger + Messenger Plus! Live. All warnings will be visible when you first install the add-on. This add-on IS compatable with MSN Polygamy!!!

FIRST: Windows XP and Service Pack 2 is required!!!
Please note that this add-on WILL NOT WORK ON WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTIONS. You may have some luck, and you are free to try - but this is a BETA for a very good reason - I need to have some feedback on it..

SECOND: ALL errors/bugs/etc should be reported in THIS thread. Do NOT create a new one, or other people will report it for some weird reason and it will be deleted.

THIRD: This add-on ONLY SUPPORTS OPEN NOTIFIERS!! Closed notifiers are not yet available. Please keep that in mind.

FOURTH: I don't want to let this thread turn into another 1,000,000,000,000,000 page essay on how it 'doesn't work/works/doesn't work/works/doesn't work/works' - just like the old one. Please TRY and refrain from poking people for a reaction - actually, let's just devote this thread to the BETA response - post comments, suggestions, and all that - but try and not spark another debate..

FIFTH: There is one main error that seems to pop up alot. This is:

WsaIoctl failed.

If this error comes up, it means that it couldn't create the raw socket - this will be fixed in the next version, so don't panic. This is also the same error you get on a wireless connection - it just means you can't run it for now - you will have to wait for the next release, so I appologise if it doesn't work as of yet.

SIXTH: If you have more than one network adapter installed and in use, I would be interested to know if anything or not happens on your machine. With two or more NIC's, this beta will only watch one of your IP's - the first adapter it finds. In the final version it will be capable of watching all, so don't panic.. Again, it just means you wont be able to use this at the moment.

For all others, I hope this will be a great add-on for you to test and try and break, and:
Please post your comments/suggestions and anything else you would like to mention.

Homepage and download available at:

http://nx01rules.googlepages.com/

This post was edited on 07-26-2006 at 12:00 PM by nx01rules.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
07-26-2006 11:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
J-Thread

– / Male / –
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
quote:
Originally posted by nx01rules
WILL NOT WORK ON WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTIONS

It does actually work properly here, on a wireless connection with 2 network adapters installed! My wireless connection is the second one, but I think it works because the first one isn't connected.

It works properly, and I think you will get a lot of positive reactions about this. I would like to add to the things stated above:

Please do not react with "This plugin is great!!!" or something like that. Place a reaction when it is usefull, to keep this thread clean!
07-26-2006 11:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
I have three adapters as I have VMware installed, and the "first" one is one of the VMware ones.

So indeed, the script doesn't work for me.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
07-26-2006 11:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
I just want to let you know it works over here for me also :). I have 3 computers (2 with MSN open almost 24/7) connected via a router, and I haven't had any issues as of yet.

One suggestion for the future would be the option to have the window closed/open notifiers seperate (if possible). Persoanlly I don't care if someone closes my convo window, just if they open up a new one with me ;).

Also, I noticed I don't get a notification upon DP change which is nice ;).

Also works when I have 2 accounts signed in, and I open up a convo with myself :D lol.

Good job, and I will keep an eye on this :).
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
07-26-2006 04:24 PM
hubbie

I don't want to accuse anyone here, but immediately after i activated this script my F-Secure firewall noticed me of attacs by this virus/trojan: from address 194.109.104.104

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/sinit.shtml

So please be carefull *-)

Martin
07-26-2006 07:02 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
followed my advice?

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=62...d=686985#pid686985
07-26-2006 07:50 PM
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
I've gotten no issues from my Zonealarm, or my AVG... Perhaps its a false positive? I looked at that link you provided, and it looks to just be opening backdoor ports.

And indeed I have about 15 UDP ports that have been opened (did a quick netstat :P) >_>. I'm not to sure what that means, but I don't *think* its good is it? I'd really hate to ditch this as it has served me well so far (one false popup in about 8 hours of chatting).
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
07-26-2006 08:08 PM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
Cool (Y) But I get an error when starting script:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=703184]

Cloudy

.png File Attachment: error.PNG (6.37 KB)
This file has been downloaded 20684 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-26-2006 at 10:16 PM by cloudhunter.
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6704 days, 20 hours, 25 minutes, 3 seconds ago
07-26-2006 10:15 PM
nx01rules

Infinite Diversity

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
Ah damn it.. Haha cloudy youve supported it from the start and it doesnt work.. Well that sucks..

quote:
I don't want to accuse anyone here, but immediately after i activated this script my F-Secure firewall noticed me of attacs by this virus/trojan: from address 194.109.104.104

Well it's unlikely its a trojan - if you check that site you linked to, you will see it creates a registry key - check for the key - everyone here shouldn't have that key - but if you do, obviously something else has created it, since i dont have that key, and others shouldnt either.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
07-26-2006 11:53 PM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
And all that means is something is scanning a port on your computer from that address... It doesn't mean that it is something on your computer.

And yeah it sucks that it not working :P Any idea why?

Update: It works on my computer upstairs, but not on the one downstairs :s

Cloudy

This post was edited on 07-27-2006 at 12:07 AM by cloudhunter.
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6704 days, 20 hours, 25 minutes, 3 seconds ago
07-27-2006 12:05 AM
Pages: (9): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version