What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Idea] Need to know something

[Idea] Need to know something
Author: Message:
UnholyGod

35 / Male / –
O.P. [Idea] Need to know something
Alright this is my first post so I hope it doesn't get ignored.

I wanted to know whether there is any script that makes you check if someone has you in their contact list or not.

And I also heard of some Convo Notifier which will pop up a toast when someone opens a conversation with you. however a toast pops up when their messenger loads you display pic.

So I had this weird Idea that I wanted to try.

Like you use the notifier which will notify you when your contact opens a conversation with you or loads your display pic. And you check use the contact list checker to find out whether you are intheir contact or not.

If you are then everytime you change your display pic you'll get a toast. Even if they are appearing offline.
So if this works I say we got something to loop together and use it as an appear offline detector.

I just hope that there sre scripts available and also that this Idea actually works.
08-16-2006 05:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Idea] Need to know something
quote:
Originally posted by UnholyGod
I wanted to know whether there is any script that makes you check if someone has you in their contact list or not.
That's already part of WLM itself. On the Contact list: Tools > Options > Privacy > Click the "View..." button next to "See who has added you to their contact list"
08-16-2006 05:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by UnholyGod
Alright this is my first post so I hope it doesn't get ignored.

And I also heard of some Convo Notifier which will pop up a toast when someone opens a conversation with you. however a toast pops up when their messenger loads you display pic.

So I had this weird Idea that I wanted to try.

Like you use the notifier which will notify you when your contact opens a conversation with you or loads your display pic. And you check use the contact list checker to find out whether you are intheir contact or not.

If you are then everytime you change your display pic you'll get a toast. Even if they are appearing offline.
So if this works I say we got something to loop together and use it as an appear offline detector.

I just hope that there sre scripts available and also that this Idea actually works.

That wont work at all...

for starters, you can get a notification for more things as well, not just the contact viewing your DP or opening a convo.

Second, when a contact is (appears to) offline, you wont get a notification at all (and they will not recieve DP updates either btw).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-16-2006 07:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
UnholyGod

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [Idea] Need to know something
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
for starters, you can get a notification for more things as well, not just the contact viewing your DP or opening a convo.

Second, when a contact is (appears to) offline, you wont get a notification at all (and they will not recieve DP updates either btw).

I tried it out using polygamy and when ever I changed my DP it loads up on the other messenger <in the contact when View Details is selected>Then I get a notification.
I just wabted to know if there is a way to make sure they load the DP, like most of my friends are not really so smart so is there a way I can send them a file which will force them to load my DP so I get notified that they are online.
08-16-2006 01:01 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Polygamy is not very good to test notifiers since they quite often get confussed as to what command belongs to what messenger, not to mention some can't diffrentiate between incomming and outgoing commands. Do not use polygamy for such tests.

Anyways, no it wont work.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-16-2006 05:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
UnholyGod

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Idea] Need to know something
Alright if you don't think it'll work, I am sticking to it anywyas.
08-17-2006 01:21 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: