What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Scripting API Wishlist

Pages: (15): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
Scripting API Wishlist
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Scripting API Wishlist
I just got a nice idea for a feature! What do you think about creating a Plus! window based on an actual string instead of creating it based on a file name? That way, we could first load the XML in the script, make some changes and then create the window, like this:
code:
var txt = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").GetFile(MsgPlus.ScriptFilesPath + "\\Windows.xml").OpenAsTextStream(1, -1).ReadAll();
txt = txt.replace("helol", "hello");
var PlusWnd = MsgPlus.CreateWndFromString(txt, "WndPref");
Or, another thing: creating a window based on a XML DOM node object, like:
code:
var node = xml.selectSingleNode("//Window[@Id='WndPref']");
var PlusWnd = MsgPlus.CreateWndFromNode(node);
Both of these examples could save CPU usage because you don't need to re-save the file since you just send it right to the Plus! Scripting API, and it lets developers make some routine changes to the XML before creating the window, making translating windows a lot easier and faster. Well, what do you think? :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
04-10-2007 05:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
It could have its uses I guess (although I don't know any which could be shorter than the normal method). eg: Not for translating as that could be done a lot easier and shorter by simply altering the controls' caption.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-10-2007 06:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It could have its uses I guess (although I don't know any which could be shorter than the normal method). eg: Not for translating as that could be done a lot easier and shorter by simply altering the controls' caption.

The problem is you can only translate controls in this way, elements cant be translated. So a better suggestion would be some sort of PlusWnd.SetElementText() method to make translation easier.
04-10-2007 06:55 PM
Ashylay

Intermediate Scripter

– / Male / –
The ability to preview your PSM in colour?

eg with your name when you add colour you can see it but your psm displays the colour codes.
04-10-2007 07:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
I agree with Mattike. And the great thing is not only to translate controls or reduce CPU... the great thing is that you can create a window with dynamic controls, ie: when developing the script, the developer may not know how many buttons his window should show. But in run time, the script can create a XML code that includes as many buttons as they're needed and then show the window.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
04-10-2007 07:01 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ashylay
The ability to preview your PSM in colour?

eg with your name when you add colour you can see it but your psm displays the colour codes.
1. This is not related to scripts.
2. PSM is displayed in color, if you add yourself to your own contact list.
3. The PSM space below the nice cannot show the PSM colored as Patchou still hasn't found a way on how to do it :P.
04-10-2007 11:52 PM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Felu
[
3. The PSM space below the nice cannot show the PSM colored as Patchou still hasn't found a way on how to do it :P.
I don't think that's the case, I'm sure I remember him saying it's not done on purpose for some reason or another.  Or I may be lying, I can't remember.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
04-11-2007 07:24 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Scripting API Wishlist
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
The problem is you can only translate controls in this way, elements cant be translated. So a better suggestion would be some sort of PlusWnd.SetElementText() method to make translation easier.

And you can't translate MenuButtonControl menu's, <Help> tags (luckily there's the _ToolTip class which I use for that), and translating the Caption using SetWindowTextW has the disadvantage that it forces Plus! to add a Plus! styled TitleBar to the window, even if the XML doesn't specify one. And I guess that Plus! has to load the file contents in a string itself too, so why can't we just send the string straight to the API?
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
04-11-2007 08:21 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Time for some bumping.  Anyway, I found something that I'd like.  The ability to cancel the closing of a Plus Window.  Something like returning false to the OnWindowidEvent_Destroyed function would suffice I think.  This way I could just hide the window for a moment even if the user has tried to close the window through the task bar or the X in the corner or something.
[Image: markee.png]
01-16-2008 05:22 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
I would really like to have an OnProcessEvent_Terminate.

Why would this be beneficial to scripts? Simple. When dealing with system wide hooks, like hot keys. If the Windows Live Messenger process is terminated unexpectedly then you have all this cleanup to perform but no way of actually doing so. The benefit of this event would allow scripters to properly cleanup after themselves as if they would when OnEvent_Uninitialize is called.

Better yet instead of having a new event when the Windows Live Messenger process is terminated instead of just exiting why not allow the scripts to cleanup and call their Uninitialize event. This would make the most sense.
01-16-2008 05:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (15): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: