What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request]Anti log in

[Request]Anti log in
Author: Message:
Pengo

O.P. [Request]Anti log in
Could a script be made so when someone logs in it logs them back out right away? because my brother is not ment to use MSN and if a script could be made after he logs in he gets loged out right away. Or if plus live cant handel that is there something else i can do?
09-02-2006 04:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: [Request]Anti log in
[Release] Visitor control might be what you are looking for.

Edit: lol alexp2_ad (your avatar makes me smile..dunno why) :P
One thing though..your solution assumes the OP knows how to script...

This post was edited on 09-02-2006 at 05:08 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
09-02-2006 04:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
EDIT:  Or that ^^^

code:
function OnEvent_SigninReady(email){
   if(email != "youremail@domain.com"){
      Messenger.Signout();
   }
}

But it's a bit mean and fairly easy to get round. :P

This post was edited on 09-02-2006 at 04:59 PM by alexp2_ad.
09-02-2006 04:59 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
code:
      Messenger.Signout();
   }
}

But it's a bit mean and fairly easy to get round. [Image: msn_tongue.gif]
Only if you edit the .js file in the scripts folder outside of MP!L,  remember you can't get into the preferences of MP!L without being signed in first.  Or deleted the file :P

This post was edited on 09-02-2006 at 05:03 PM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
09-02-2006 05:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: [Request]Anti log in
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
code:
      Messenger.Signout();
   }
}

But it's a bit mean and fairly easy to get round. [Image: msn_tongue.gif]
Only if you edit the .js file in the scripts folder outside of MP!L,  remember you can't get into the preferences of MP!L without being signed in first.  Or deleted the file :P

Or disabled it in the registry, or uninstall plus, or do it when he is signed on... :^)
09-02-2006 05:05 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Or disabled it in the registry, or uninstall plus, or do it when he is signed on... :^)
First of all he won't be able to sign on because of the script.  All the rest of the registry keys and files can be secured by not allowing his brother's account to be able to access the files manually (assming he has administrative priveledges).  This can make it almost impossible for his brother to be able to log in (I say almost because there are exploits in every system).
09-02-2006 05:11 PM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: [Request]Anti log in
quote:
quote:
First of all he won't be able to sign on because of the script.  All the rest of the registry keys and files can be secured by not allowing his brother's account to be able to access the files manually (assming he has administrative priveledges).  This can make it almost impossible for his brother to be able to log in (I say almost because there are exploits in every system).

I meant he could do it when Pengo is signed on.  And most people won't be using multiple accounts for stuff on their family PC.  You could just not let him run messenger if they were. *-)
09-02-2006 05:14 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [Request]Anti log in
quote:
quote:
quote:

I meant he could do it when Pengo is signed on.  And most people won't be using multiple accounts for stuff on their family PC.  You could just not let him run messenger if they were. *-)

I uess there is a possibility of him getting on while Pengo is still signed in.  Since our family got XP we have had a different account each to make it easier to keep our files segregated and ordered how we want, though I do see why some people may not see the need.  If you we're to stop messenger running on his account then you would also need to block the webmessengers and proxies that can access web messengers too (I guess you would also have to do this with the quick-fix scripts).  And with the yahoo intropolity you would have to stop Yahoo messenger as well.  I think we can say that it almost impossible to fully stop his brother whatever the surcumstances (apart from stopping his brother having internet priveledges altogether :P).  We can make it very secure however that his brother cannot get into WLM however with all the right precautions taken (this should slow novice computer users for some time).

EDIT: Yes I have come to agree with you in the overall scheme of things, without sufficient knowledge of his brother's computer skills and their computer set-up it is impossible for us to give a definite answer to wether or not he will even be able to hold his brother back for a second or for years

This post was edited on 09-02-2006 at 05:32 PM by markee.
09-02-2006 05:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: