What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » serious problem

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
serious problem
Author: Message:
screeeeeem

O.P. serious problem
dear all
at 1st thanks alot for this wonderful forum and this wonderfull program its so valuable and helped me alot in monitoring people in my company but i have a serious problem :( and i need help
now when the conversation dialog box is open with another person usually i log everything they write , but i discovered that some people just untick the option ENABLE LOGGING from plus tab , how can i secure this option so that only the system administrators in the company can tick and untick it as we must log everything talked through messenger
waiting your urgent help plz :(
thanks in advance

i hope there is a solution for that
09-05-2006 07:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: serious problem
You can stop them from changing the settings by adding a password.  Though I must also say this is a bit of an invasion of privacy, you should tell everyone who uses the coomputers that their messages will be saved.  You also have to realise tat people can use web-messengers to evade this.

This picture will show you where the password setting is.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=725104]

.png File Attachment: password.png (63.05 KB)
This file has been downloaded 294 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-05-2006 at 07:36 AM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
09-05-2006 07:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Though I must also say this is a bit of an invasion of privacy, you should tell everyone who uses the coomputers that their messages will be saved.
wells its not really that much of a secret, and who says she's/he's not telling them?
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6656 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes, 30 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
09-05-2006 07:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Though I must also say this is a bit of an invasion of privacy, you should tell everyone who uses the coomputers that their messages will be saved.
wells its not really that much of a secret, and who says she's/he's not telling them?
I was just making sure he/she realised.  I wouldn't like someone reading my conversations and me not knowing about it.  And it can be a secret if people are not familiar with Plus! and it's features.
09-05-2006 07:50 AM
screeeeeem

O.P. RE: serious problem
thanks for your reply :)
about the invasion of privacy they signed an NDA for that and they know everything is recorded for future proof but they still remove that tick , and you mentioned to put a password like you show me in the pic but with no use , i meant this tick ENABLE LOGGING  [Image: 2.JPG]
even if i put a password like you said they still can remove the tick therefore the chat isnt recorded :( so cant i stop tht ?

This post was edited on 09-05-2006 at 07:54 AM by screeeeeem.
09-05-2006 07:52 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
That is a big problem, it happens here too.  I think the Enable Logging, Auto-Accept Requests and Override Contact's Font should either not appear there or there should be a box that comes up asking for the password.
09-05-2006 07:59 AM
screeeeeem

so is it a bug :( lol no solution at all !! we are doomed :P for now im recording the monitors video live :D but it consumes alot of time for me honestly , isnt there any solution ?
09-05-2006 08:01 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
It is possible to create a script to do this as a temparery fix and can still be stopped through deleting the file or changing the registry settings.  This script will not be able to be turned off through the preferences window if you have passworded it.  I can make something but it will be nowhere near as good, it will only be a tempary fix for your problem until Patchou fixes this.  Please let me know if you would like this script made (and make sure that I can save into the script folder without anyone else in the company having access other than those authorised and those other people do not have access to the registry either).
09-05-2006 08:08 AM
screeeeeem

if you can make only the script il be very thankful ,about the computers they are restricted by GPO so that i save all the logs encrypted in windows folder and no body have on there desktop registry nor my computer nor right click even :D , dont worry about that its secured from my side :P but left to secure that tick :) so can you ?
09-05-2006 08:14 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I have attached the script for you.  Please note it is very basic but will get the job done while Patchou amends his add-on.  It will save the text file in the script folder in a subfolder of the user's email.  I hope this is good enough as a temperary fix.

.plsc File Attachment: Chat Logger.plsc (1.56 KB)
This file has been downloaded 162 time(s).
09-05-2006 09:31 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: