What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)
riahc4, what is the purpose of that post?

You've been here on these forums long enough to know and read all the discussions and threads about this issue where it is explain again and again that it is not possible. In some threads it is even explained how the encrypted logs files work and exactly _why_ it is not possible.

So why making that post in a thread in which you didn't posted before, without anyone asking you a question, as a response to a post which is 4 months old, and thus frankly without any reason to make such a post?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-28-2009 12:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ravenle

hey,

i downloaded the zip file and i have extracted it and it encrypted my files fine. but does that mean all the logs to come(the ones i will have in the future), will they also get equiped with that password and encryption automatically?

thanks,
11-21-2009 02:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ravenle
hey,

i downloaded the zip file and i have extracted it and it encrypted my files fine. but does that mean all the logs to come(the ones i will have in the future), will they also get equiped with that password and encryption automatically?

thanks,
No...

The batch files are simply small external tools which only encrypt/decrypt existing files, it does not change any setting in Messenger Plus!. If you want to encrypt logs in the futur you must set the proper settings in Messenger Plus! Live.

Plus! > Preferences & Options > Conversations > Logs Encryption

This post was edited on 11-21-2009 at 10:55 AM by CookieRevised.
11-21-2009 10:54 AM
ravenle

for some reason, my logs aren't getting encrypted.
i go to the preferences then log encryptions and i type in a pw and it tells me to verify this. once i do, i press enter/ok and it closes. i go back into it and its blank as if i never touched it. my logs are also found not encrypted. that is why i'm wondering if the zip can fix this. do you know how i can fix this problem? i really want to encrypt my logs.
11-22-2009 01:46 PM
dreaded

I been looking at the bat files and changed it to work for Messenger Plus! 5.  I have been looking and trying to find out how to change the key file size in the bat file. Is there a way?

Would %LOGVIEWER% /encrypt="%%~fI" /pwd="%PASSWORD%" /keysize="%size%" work?

This post was edited on 02-15-2011 at 07:08 PM by dreaded.
02-15-2011 07:03 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
I been looking at the bat files and changed it to work for Messenger Plus! 5.  I have been looking and trying to find out how to change the key file size in the bat file. Is there a way?

Would %LOGVIEWER% /encrypt="%%~fI" /pwd="%PASSWORD%" /keysize="%size%" work?
No that will not work.

But yes you can manually add a keysize to it.
But note that you shouldn't yet use those batch files with Messenger Plus! 5 since there is a bug in the Log Viewer of Plus!5 which makes these batch files rather useless in case you enter the wrong password. As long as that bug isn't fixed the batch files will not work like they should anyways (no matter what you change)...

This post was edited on 02-16-2011 at 01:27 AM by CookieRevised.
02-15-2011 11:44 PM
Gorgo

Hi CookieRevised.
I'm really need to use your DecryptAll but my password contains "&" and the batch file return "& not expected".

There are a lot of conversations and I can't modify password one by one :( Could you fix the bug?

Thank you so much!
10-09-2012 10:44 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo
Hi CookieRevised.
I'm really need to use your DecryptAll but my password contains "&" and the batch file return "& not expected".

There are a lot of conversations and I can't modify password one by one :( Could you fix the bug?

Thank you so much!
Hi,

This is not a bug.

It is the way DOS works and as such I can't do anything about it other than suggesting not to use such special characters in passwords (there are more programs which have trouble with them though - always be careful when you use them)

Anyways, & is a special character in DOS and therefor should be escaped if you want to use it. But escaping it might not always work in DOS either, depending on the situation and context it is used in.

So, what you can try is:
1) Do not enter the password as parameter on the command line.
Instead, start the batch files without any parameters.
The bath file will then ask for a password.

2) Enter your password, but before the & you need to enter ^.
Thus if you password is 123&4, you need to enter 123^&4
(make sure you actually see the ^. On some keyboards, depending on the local, you might need to enter a space too in order to actually see the character because it is a combination character)

If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid I can't help you at the moment.
10-09-2012 02:18 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: