What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » My MSN is all broked. Login issue.

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
My MSN is all broked. Login issue.
Author: Message:
ManicVJ

RE: My MSN is all broked. Login issue.
Still jeez, have you tried it recently? Make sure you post when you hear something man.
10-14-2006 06:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Victoria

– / Female / Flag
I've found some people in a Messenger discussion group who seem to be having the same problem as you guys.
There was a fix posted that worked for all who had posted with the problem, so it may work for you too:

1. Hit "run" in the start menu
2. Type "regedit"
3. Open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger"
4. Delete the folder called MSN Messenger
5. After this MSN Messenger Live will login as normal.

or...

If you're not comfortable editing the registry, you can run this small reg. file posted by Jonathan Kay [MVP] which does the same thing as posted above:
Remove Messenger Settings
10-14-2006 07:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ManicVJ

Success!!! Go for it Krelina, just make sure Live is exited and you are logged out of Passport and Windows Messenger before running the small file Victoria posted. (Remove Messenger Settings) in the above post.

Thankyou so much Victoria! :D
10-14-2006 08:24 AM
Victoria

– / Female / Flag
No problem :)

Just out of interest, did you guys download and install the latest windows updates over the past few days? It seems that all the people who had posted with this problem had done just that and one person found that restoring to a date before installation of the updates, allowed them to sign in to WLM again.
So it is possible that one or more of windows updates is having an effect on whether some people can sign in or not.
10-14-2006 08:37 AM
ManicVJ

Yes thats exactly the case, I have now helped 3 of my friends reconnect again with Live.

Once again thankyou, and I hope someone posts a letter back from Microsoft, about what they say. Microsoft hasn't really said a thing so far from what I can tell. I mean how many people would still be in the dark?!?

Seeya,
ManicVJ
10-14-2006 08:41 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
I believe MS know about the sign in issue, there was something posted on their blog. Or was that a different issue?

http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5B4...30829E!22246.entry

This post was edited on 10-14-2006 at 09:00 AM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-14-2006 08:58 AM
Krelina

O.P. RE: My MSN is all broked. Login issue.
Odd. I never updated anything. o.o But it is working now.^^ Thanks a ton, Victoria.^^
10-14-2006 09:29 AM
sevencoya

I just signed up for this forum to say thank you, i've been struggling with this problem all day. Thank you
10-15-2006 05:04 AM
stacichu

Thankfully, I stumbled upon this forum! I have the EXACT same problem as Krelina. And now that I read Victoria's post, I think it's the latest windows update. Two nights ago, I restarted the pc to install the updates and after that, MSN wasn't working anymore. So, I'll try a system restore and get back to you guys.
10-16-2006 08:24 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stacichu
Thankfully, I stumbled upon this forum! I have the EXACT same problem as Krelina. And now that I read Victoria's post, I think it's the latest windows update. Two nights ago, I restarted the pc to install the updates and after that, MSN wasn't working anymore. So, I'll try a system restore and get back to you guys.
Don't do a sysrestore, use the reg file posted by Victoria instead. I very much doubt its the update at fault..if that was so many many more would have the same problem. By doing a sysrestore you are turning back stuff you shouldn't and are putting your computer at risk as you are reversing important security updates.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-16-2006 08:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: