What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Please Try Again Later

Please Try Again Later
Author: Message:
pete.

Hello

33 / Male / –
O.P. Please Try Again Later
:@I am so ANGRY

I turned my computer on one day, and Live Plus! 4 didn't load... I checked Program Files to find that it had disappeared.

So I did the obvious thing and tried reinstalling it.

And the installer loaded as normal... I got to the section where it integrates with Live Messenger 8.1... and it stopped. :o

A message popped up saying "An error occured while installing Messenger Plus!. Please try again later." So I did, but to no avail.

I then tried uninstalling messenger and reinstalling both messenger and messenger Plus! with the advice from the chat rooms.

It didn't work. :(

So now I am here. I need help, and I need it from YOU.  Please help me... :)
11-19-2006 12:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Please Try Again Later
quote:
Originally posted by pete.
I checked Program Files to find that it had disappeared.

Did you check to see if it was in the add/remove programs list?
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
11-19-2006 12:08 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
Try re-downloading the latest installer from the website

And also, are you installing it on a restricted user account? Because it needs to be installed on an account with admin privelages
11-19-2006 12:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
pete.

Hello

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Please Try Again Later
I am installing it on an admin user account, so that shouldn't be a problem

And it isn't in the A/R P list...

And the website doesn't work I have already tried to install the latest version...

This post was edited on 11-19-2006 at 12:30 PM by pete..
11-19-2006 12:26 PM
Takeru

I'm having the same problem. I'm running with Admin privilages, and I've repeatedly checked the A/R Prog. list. and this is really starting to irritate me. :@
11-25-2006 07:12 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by pete.
And the website doesn't work I have already tried to install the latest version...
If the website doesn't work, from where did you downloaded Messenger Plus! Live then? Always try to download from the official websites as there are some fake installers floating around here and there.

This goes from downloading from mirrors too, btw. Always use the official website to navigate to the official mirrors. The links are listed on the download page (so no need to give alternative mirrors as they are listed on the official download page already).

Anyways, if the website doesn't work, it is quite possible that the site is unrightfully being blocked by one of your anti-virussoftware or firewalls or stuff like that. Take a look here to correct this: ""Connection refused when contacting www.msgplus.net""

quote:
Originally posted by Takeru
I'm having the same problem. I'm running with Admin privilages, and I've repeatedly checked the A/R Prog. list. and this is really starting to irritate me. :@
Take a look at this and see if this fix your problem (goes for pete too): "Windows Live OneCare 1.5 MP!L and Vista".

Although the instructions are for Windows Vista, similar issues can exist on XP. Also check your anti-virus software or firewalls which might block Messenger Plus! Live.

The reason for that is that the setup contains an optional adware sponsor. If you don't want the sponsor to be installed you can easly opt out when you install Messenger Plus! Live.

This post was edited on 11-25-2006 at 07:32 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-25-2006 07:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: