What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » error msgslang(2).dll

error msgslang(2).dll
Author: Message:
ygkhan

O.P. error msgslang(2).dll
i just installed Live msn...and then downloaded MsgPlusLive-410.exe and installed but b4 loading i am getting error msgslang(2).dll is not a valid windows image (I downloaded plus again and again and installed but error still there)..and plus does not start.

.jpg File Attachment: plus_err.JPG (11.1 KB)
This file has been downloaded 204 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-23-2006 at 02:40 PM by ygkhan.
11-23-2006 02:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: error msgslang(2).dll
It has something to do with Messenger. Have you tried re-install messenger?
Re-installing in the sense.
-Uninstall
-Delete MSN Messenger folder in Program Files
-Install

Also do you have patched messenger or have any addon related to messenger other than Plus!? try uninstalling them.
11-23-2006 02:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
abril9

Grin  Proven Solution
Hi I read your post and I was going through the same problem and I tried all what was suggested and installed and uninstalled 2 times to no avail.

Until it occured to me to do a search in windows for the problem file the "msgslang(2).dll"

I actually searched for "msgslang" in the programs file folder in C:\  SO then I saw that in C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger folder where 2 files "msgslang.dll" and "msgslang(2).dll"  so I just deleted "msgslang(2).dll" 
and VOILA! the problem was gone!

Do this while not logged in Messenger I suggest you restart your PC then open Windows Task Manager to see the processes running and end the "messenger" process if it is running then do the search for "msgslang"  and DELETE "msgslang(2).dll" then open
Messenger as usual and you should see a welcome walk through from Messenger Plus! Live.

* I forgot to mention "Messenger Plus! Live" must be installed when you do all this. The problem is somthing that happens during installation that creates the double entry of "msgslang.dll" in the Messenger folder.

GOOD LUCK! It worked for me!
11-30-2006 02:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: