What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » PLEASE HELP default log password?

PLEASE HELP default log password?
Author: Message:
arana

O.P. PLEASE HELP default log password?
well i dont remember EVER entering any password for chat logs, is there a default one?

because i wanted to check a log and its asking me for password, is there any way i can read these logs or reset my password (if possible without loosing any log data)

msn live 8.0.0812
plus 4.10.0.250

01-26-2007 07:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: PLEASE HELP default log password?
quote:
Originally posted by arana
well i dont remember EVER entering any password for chat logs, is there a default one?
No, there is no default one since logs are never encrypted by default.

quote:
Originally posted by arana
because i wanted to check a log and its asking me for password, is there any way i can read these logs or reset my password (if possible without loosing any log data)
If the log is indeed an encrypted chat log from Messenger Plus! (thus with the file extension .PLE) then there is no way to open that encrypted file without having the correct password; you also can't retrieve the password from the file, hack it or whatever else.

To make sure the log is an encrypted chat log from Messenger Plus!, open the log file in Windows Notepad. If you see all kinds of gibberish then the file is an encrypted log file. If you see normal text or a normal HTML file then there went something wrong when the file was created and the file had been given the wrong file extension. In the latter case, rename the file with the extension .TXT if it is normal text or .HTML if it is an HTML chat log file.

This post was edited on 01-26-2007 at 08:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-26-2007 08:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: