What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Another little hint for the ones who can't start Plus! at all

Another little hint for the ones who can't start Plus! at all
Author: Message:
ShadeOfBlue

O.P. Roll Eyes  Another little hint for the ones who can't start Plus! at all
So... after months of tears (and very bad words) I finally found out the application preventing Plus! from loading on my pc...
I don't think many people will have this one installed but still... it's something new to start with.
The name of the application is "Airfoil", and it's a little software who redirects every sound to an Apple Airport base.
I don't know if there are other apps using this kind of calls but I guess it may be something for Patchou to look for, to improve future compatibility...
I suggest moderators to add this one to the well known FAQs, beside Smiley Central etc.

Hope I've been helpful...
Cheers

--
Fra
02-05-2007 04:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Another little hint for the ones who can't start Plus! at all
I think Patchou should add a FAQ entry to the site that lists all the programs and patches that are known to cause problems with Plus! :)...

Messenger related apps:
SweetIM
Smileycentral

Messenger patches:
Clean Messenger
(actually a lot more, probably better to advice which patches are the safest, like MessPatch and A-Patch)

Other software:
WindowBlinds? (i know there were problems with this one in the past, not sure if its fixed)
Airfoil

And include some info on what to do if a user has such a program installed (probably just un-install the incompatible program :p).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-05-2007 05:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I think Patchou should add a FAQ entry to the site that lists all the programs and patches that are known to cause problems with Plus! :)...

Messenger related apps:
SweetIM
Smileycentral

Messenger patches:
Clean Messenger
(actually a lot more, probably better to advice which patches are the safest, like MessPatch and A-Patch)

Other software:
WindowBlinds? (i know there were problems with this one in the past, not sure if its fixed)
Airfoil

And include some info on what to do if a user has such a program installed (probably just un-install the incompatible program :p).

Great idea Menthix!!! Definitely talk to to Patchou about that!! I'd also maybe make a stickied and locked forum thread?
Segosa is newb.
02-05-2007 09:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
[Off-topic]
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

A lot of them are already stickied...though one big thread might help, and save a lot of sticky-space.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6563 days, 23 hours, 4 seconds ago.

02-05-2007 09:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: