What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Getting a New computer!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Getting a New computer!
Author: Message:
Adeptus

RE: Getting a New computer!
Hey Jhrono,
quote:
927 $ CAD (Converted Through Google)
While the one I posted costs
1 195 $ CAD (Converted Through Google)
The price difference is quite a bit more than the $268 you figure.  The Ars Guide price includes keyboard, mouse, speakers and monitor, while yours doesn't.  If we take those off, it only comes to $682 CAD, making for a $513 difference -- now, that's a big difference.  I don't disagree that it may be worth it to spend the additional money, especially if the primary use of the computer will be gaming, but the original poster simply may not have that option.  That's for them to decide.
quote:
Last but not least, the case you picked has got a considerably bad airflow in comparison to Nox's Coolbay 25 (Which features a 250 mm side and a 80mm frontal)..
I didn't pick a case,  I just pointed the original poster to a reputable hardware oriented website. 

Ars recommendations are in part based on what's readily available in the North American market; I personally have never heard of "Nox Coolbay" cases and the top Google search results for them are all in Portuguse, which suggests their products probably haven't made it here.  Either way, I doubt Ars picked a case with insufficient air flow for what goes in it.

It is also not necessary to copy Ars configurations exactly (although that one seemed to fit the budget as it was).  If the original poster doesn't need the peripherals and has some extra money left over, it could be spent on a better case or perhaps a different CPU -- they could refer to the mid-range system Guide for some ideas for the next step up. 
02-04-2007 03:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Wait until you can afford an NVIDIA 8800 card with your computer. It's DirectX 10 compatible, and a new version of DirectX won't be released for years.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
02-04-2007 03:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus

The Ars Guide price includes keyboard, mouse, speakers and monitor, while yours doesn't.  If we take those off, it only comes to $682 CAD, making for a $513 difference -- now, that's a big difference.

Oops, my mistake, I saw those as if they were extras, sorry.

I guess the difference is quite big then, however I still keep my opinion.. The poster should "hold his horses" so he can get a non-outdated computer..

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus

Ars recommendations are in part based on what's readily available in the North American market; I personally have never heard of "Nox Coolbay" cases and the top Google search results for them are all in Portuguse, which suggests their products probably haven't made it here.  Either way, I doubt Ars picked a case with insufficient air flow for what goes in it.

I just suggested this case because this is the one I bought for my new system, and on the prince range, it's one of the best I've ever seen in many aspects..

Apparently they haven't got far in the market, being Spain & Portugal the only two countries with Available Stores on their website's "Where to buy" section..

Anyway, check them out :
http://www.nox-xtreme.com/coolbay25.htm

(The site is totally lamme, I don't know what's with these companies today, I mean their product is actually good.. Maybe I'll post some pictures someday)

quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz

Wait until you can afford an NVIDIA 8800 card with your computer. It's DirectX 10 compatible, and a new version of DirectX won't be released for years.

That might just be an idea for this user, with the G86xx series coming, but will any of the G8x series be enough when DirectX10 starts to be used at its full potential? I mean, you can't really expect alot of games in a near future and even fewer that will really get the whole bang out of Dx10

This post was edited on 02-04-2007 at 04:31 AM by Jhrono.
02-04-2007 04:30 AM
Plainwhite

O.P. RE: Getting a New computer!
Wow, I didn't really expect to see all those long detailed posts. I really Apreciate  all the help. All your replys have been put in mind. Although I never thought of putting together a PC i'm slowly considering it now. I mean, I could get more of what I want and less of what I don't need. And for that I say thank you:D
02-05-2007 06:27 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: