What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Encryption

Encryption
Author: Message:
marie427

O.P. Encryption
Hi

I have searched for this but can't find it anywhere.  I want to encrypt my past conversations.  I follow the steps to where it says choose files for encryption but then the default is to open files with .ple extension - well there aren't any because they aren't encrypted yet!!  And I can't change this extension.  Is this a bug?  Please help!
04-11-2007 07:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Encryption
The "Change password" is meant to change the password of already encrypted logs. There is, luckily, a way to do it, but it requires calling the Log Viewer with some extra parameters.
  1. Open up the command prompt by going Start > Run and enter "cmd".
  2. Type:
    code:
    cd "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live"
    or change the path to your Plus! Live installation directory and press Enter.
  3. Type:
    code:
    "Log Viewer.exe" /Encrypt="C:\Documents and Settings\Someone\My documents\My Chatlogs\mylog.html" /Pwd="secret"
    Here, you have to change the "C:\...\My Chatlogs\mylog.html" to the path where your unencrypted log is located. The /Pwd="..." parameter specifies the password used to encrypt. Optionally, you can add a /Dest="..." parameter to specify the destination of the encrypted log, by default this is the same directory with the same name, except from the extension change. Press Enter when the command is formatted like you want it.
  4. Log Viewer shall now encrypt the .html file and save an .ple file. Try to open the log and see if it works.
  5. Repeat step 3 for all logs you'd like to encrypt.
  6. Close the command prompt.
Tip: To paste from the clipboard in the command prompt, move the cursor with the arrow keys to the desired position, right-click and choose Paste. Ctrl+V doesn't work in the command prompt.

This post was edited on 04-11-2007 at 09:42 AM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
04-11-2007 09:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
marie427

O.P. RE: Encryption
You are a star - it works - thanks so much!
04-11-2007 10:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: