What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion for Contact Information

Suggestion for Contact Information
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Suggestion for Contact Information
Just an idea I had about the Contact Information Window, I think it should update the listview/listbox when new events happen with that contact.  I know this is very much possible and that is why I am asking for this feature request (and it shouldn't be too hard either).
[Image: markee.png]
04-12-2007 02:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion for Contact Information
I agree, this would be a very nice enhancement :)
04-12-2007 03:25 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Also it would be nice to have the item Has You together with "Last Online" and  "Last chat". It is currently hard to check some specific contact, about whom I am in doubt, from Contact List Clean-Up.

Edit: I have just noticed this. Event Viewer doesn't show status changes to 'In a Call'.
Edit2: Interesting. It shows it now. What was the problem then when I checked it? Anyway, it shows it, no problem :P

This post was edited on 04-16-2007 at 03:43 AM by ahmetgns.
04-15-2007 03:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Just an idea I had about the Contact Information Window, I think it should update the listview/listbox when new events happen with that contact.  I know this is very much possible and that is why I am asking for this feature request (and it shouldn't be too hard either).
or at least, and as a quick-fix, pressing F5 would update the pane (real live updates would be uber-cool of course).

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Edit: I have just noticed this. Event Viewer doesn't show status changes to 'In a Call'.
it does show it.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-15-2007 10:14 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Suggestion for Contact Information
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
or at least, and as a quick-fix, pressing F5 would update the pane (real live updates would be uber-cool of course).

I think it would be easier to just make this feature than add in a shortcut for refresh/update (though a button for refreshing would be the easiest option I think).
04-16-2007 06:25 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think it would be easier to just make this feature than add in a shortcut for refresh/update (though a button for refreshing would be the easiest option I think).
the easiest is to add a shortcut to simply update the info in the window. This would only require to go thru the code of the drawing of the window (kind of a close and re-open if you like) , whereas implementing a live update would require changing the code in all events and everywhere where something can happen, also it should find and update all contact information windows, etc... it is much more work...

This post was edited on 04-16-2007 at 10:17 AM by CookieRevised.
04-16-2007 10:15 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Suggestion for Contact Information
quote:
the easiest is to add a shortcut to simply update the info in the window. This would only require to go thru the code of the drawing of the window (kind of a close and re-open if you like) , whereas implementing a live update would require changing the code in all events and everywhere where something can happen, also it should find and update all contact information windows, etc... it is much more work...
In your first post I thought you meant that it would just update the window when the shortcut was fired rather than destroy and recreate the window entirely.  Isn't that method a little bit of a dirty method? I do realise it is easier but I thought Patchou was after quality features.... :tongue:

Well any method is better than having to reopen it manually I guess especially with the likes of enhancer auto-hiding my contact list for me....

Oh and I just realised that it would be a little difficult with the "last chat" stuff too because that would have to be updated more often, unless he added a "currently chatting" when the chat window is still open with that contact.  I guess that means probably a little too much work for the next release unfortunately.

* markee hopes to see this feature soon.
04-16-2007 10:51 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
In your first post I thought you meant that it would just update the window when the shortcut was fired rather than destroy and recreate the window entirely.
it would just update the window. The effect is the same as closing and re-opening.

04-16-2007 11:54 AM
afaganga

In the Contact Information window, Last events pane, I would like to be able to copy an event to the clipboard.
03-15-2008 11:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: