What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Improvement to Contact List Clean-up with cleaning of Allow and Block lists

Improvement to Contact List Clean-up with cleaning of Allow and Block lists
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Improvement to Contact List Clean-up with cleaning of Allow and Block lists
Please integrate the cleaning feature of Allow and Block lists to Contact List Clean-up feature.
There are people who added me years ago and also I deleted them years ago. However they are still staying in my Allow or Block list. I can't delete them now, but I want to keep those lists clean too. So I imagine a window, which can be accessible from Contact List Clean-up window, that shows my Allow list and Block list only with the contacts who are not in my Contact List. Thus I can scan ones who deleted me easily (maybe with a colorful text) and with a multiple selection can I delete them from my Allow/block lists.

Also with a tickbox an automated system to delete people from Allow/Block lists when they delete me would be good. So when they re-add me, I have the chance to be alerted again.

Also I am curious about one thing. Is there a limit for being added to Contact Lists of other people, i.e. how many people can add me? Because when I was searching the forum about this subject, people are complaining about they can't block some contacts, and repliers say that your block list's limit is full. Is there any such limit for those lists?

Edit: I forgot to mention something. That is; when we are cleaning our contact list with Contact List Clean-up, like holding Control key to block contact, for instance Alternate key can be held to remove contacts, who don't have us in their list, from Allow/Block lists.

Edit 2: If these won't be done, please at least remove formatting codes from the names of contacts in those lists. Also from the reverse list.

This post was edited on 04-15-2007 at 06:59 PM by ahmetgns.
04-15-2007 04:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Improvement to Contact List Clean-up with cleaning of Allow and Block lists
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Please integrate the cleaning feature of Allow and Block lists to Contact List Clean-up feature.
There are people who added me years ago and also I deleted them years ago. However they are still staying in my Allow or Block list.
Because they _are_ still in your allow or block list. The allow and block lists are exactly that, they show people who are allowed or blocked.

quote:
I can't delete them now, but I want to keep those lists clean too.
You can not delete a contact from all your lists as long as that contact still has you on their contactlist. This is simply the way Messenger and its protocol works.

If you want to delete them from your block list then you must add them back to your contactlist or allow list. Or you must ask them to delete you from their contactlist first.

quote:
So I imagine a window, which can be accessible from Contact List Clean-up window, that shows my Allow list and Block list only with the contacts who are not in my Contact List. Thus I can scan ones who deleted me easily (maybe with a colorful text) and with a multiple selection can I delete them from my Allow/block lists.
To see who has deleted you, you can use the Contact List clean-up window and look in the column "has you".

Also, as explained above, you can not delete people who still have you on their contactlist. This is not a Messenger Plus! limitation or a lacking feature, it is how Messenger works.

quote:
Also with a tickbox an automated system to delete people from Allow/Block lists when they delete me would be good. So when they re-add me, I have the chance to be alerted again.
For now, you can check the Contactlist clean-up window "has you" column from time to time...

quote:
Also I am curious about one thing. Is there a limit for being added to Contact Lists of other people, i.e. how many people can add me?
When people add you, you will also have them in your allow list (or block list). And yes, there is a limit on the number of people you can have in all your different lists. I dunno the exact number, but it is very huge.

quote:
Edit: I forgot to mention something. That is; when we are cleaning our contact list with Contact List Clean-up, like holding Control key to block contact, for instance Alternate key can be held to remove contacts, who don't have us in their list, from Allow/Block lists.
I don't agree, this will make it way too complicated. And you already can easly see which people from your contactlist have you or have you not on their own contactlist (thus the reverse list), so you can easly select them to be removed which will result in cleaning them from all your lists.

Also, the contactlist clean-up window is not an allow list or block list,  it is a contactlist... So adding features which should be performed on the allow or block list or things which will only show parts of those lists thrown in together with the contactlist will make it way too confusing as those are all different lists.

If you want to perform actions on the allow list or block list (or reverse list) then there should be new windows with those lists like you suggested, it should not be in the contactlist clean-up window itself, unless the contactlist clean up window is going to be redefined (which will be confusing to many people too).

This post was edited on 04-15-2007 at 10:47 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-15-2007 10:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Improvement to Contact List Clean-up with cleaning of Allow and Block lists
Well, what I want is this. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

Edit: I have removed the "Send Message" buttons under both lists because Offline Messaging is not working for contacts who we don't have in our contact list. Also if they were on our contact list, we could send them a message through the Contact List Clean-Up window before going to the Allow-Block windows.I have great hope about this will be included.

.png File Attachment: allow-block list clean-up.PNG (166.55 KB)
This file has been downloaded 316 time(s).

This post was edited on 04-23-2007 at 07:17 PM by ahmetgns.
04-18-2007 08:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Improvement to Contact List Clean-up with cleaning of Allow and Block lists
What's actually in that screenshot would be fairly useful.

Although I may be slightly miffed at it's inclusion now, since I just spent the last 10 minutes cleaning mines up by hand. I only have 71 contacts now. :o.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
04-18-2007 08:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: