What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Default browser, old transfer frame, spell checker

[Request] Default browser, old transfer frame, spell checker
Author: Message:
dr_james2k

O.P. [Request] Default browser, old transfer frame, spell checker
Ok, I have 3 ideas, I want to know if they've been done before or if they're possible to script.

#1)  Open links and e-mails in default browser.  At the moment I have stuff plug to do this but it also comes with a lot of features that I don't need so it'd be nice if there was a script to do just this.

#2)  This is a weird one, I get annoyed with whenever I start a file transfer on msn and the conversation carries on its difficult to see how far the download has gone, so it'd be cool if there was a way to have something similar to the old transfer but do that you could allow multiple transfers at once, or possibly a separate window for the transfers.

#3)  I already have a spell checker from the etcetera plug in but it'd be nice to have one that's always checking and does the 'squiggly line thing'(tm) like in word for spelling mistakes.

Now I might be a bit ambitious asking about all of this but if they are possible and not already in existence if someone could give a few pointers I'd be happy to attempt to make them myself.  Thanks for any feedback.
04-18-2007 08:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Default browser, old transfer frame, spell checker
Unfortunately, I have to tell you that none of your requests are possible.
  1. Plus! scripts aren't able to do this. If you don't need the other features of Stuff Plug, simply disable them! ;)
  2. This has been discussed before but I'm afraid that it resulted in a simple mock-up of how it could look like.
  3. When the spell checker would be running every time you type/change a word, it would consume a huge amount of the user's CPU because it has to call external programs to do the checking. It could be done if the scripts would make their own checking engine based on open-source dictionary files, like those used in Firefox. That would mean (hopefully) less CPU usage and maybe a timed spell check. Also, the red line can't be done simply because you can't format the chat message edit box. This also means that a right-click menu is nearly impossible since a script can't know on which word you right-click.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
04-18-2007 12:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dr_james2k

O.P. RE: [Request] Default browser, old transfer frame, spell checker
Ah thanks.  I should have had a look before I posted.  I've spent my morning looking though and found all the past failed attempts at the above.  Though I think I might make an attempt at the filetransfer script, I have a few ideas.  I'll post up anything that I can do about it.  Thanks again.

(I just got the ReduceMeM script so I'm not too bothered about stuffplug's extras any more.)
04-18-2007 01:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: