What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus Featues! - Contact Information not showing

Messenger Plus Featues! - Contact Information not showing
Author: Message:
samtheman

O.P. Huh?  Messenger Plus Featues! - Contact Information not showing
Hi All,

This is my first post even though I have been using Messenger Plus! from its first release.

This is a problem that I have experienced for well over a year now though originally thought it was casued by my own windows install.. however, since reinstalling windows on 2 different machines and finding the same problem I am now confident that something else is at play here..

I like the feature of being able to right-click on a contact, going to 'Messenger Plus! Features' and then selecting 'Contact Information' so I can see when someone last logged on or we last chatted...

The feature work perfect with with most my contacts however there is 1 contact that it doesnt, the option of clicking 'Contact Information' is greyed out. It isn't just this option greyed out here, all apart from 'Copy email to clipboard' are unable to be clicked even though on all other contact this is possible and works perfect.

The contacts email is no different from any other on my list, it is a @yahoo.com email address and the functions used to work perfectly fine up until a year ago. The contact themselves have no clue to why this is and have also tried reinstalling their PC so software issues on their end is ruled out also. ( dont worry - i didnt get them to reinstall just for my own sake! they had pc probs of their own :P )

I know it's not a huge problem though annoys me from time to time so today is the day of action and I'm asking for your help!

Many thanks to all those involved in bring Messenger Plus! to us, it is such great software that makes organising my online life so much easier! I love the regular and varied submissions of plugins and always look forward to seeing what new stuff is available. Well Done All!
06-30-2007 02:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus Featues! - Contact Information not showing
ahmetgns' reply to "RE: cant add contact to desktop.."

Actually you were able to open Contact Information window by firstly opening a chat window with that contact and by selecting the Contact Info from the Plus! menu or the menu which one Plus! button on the chat window's toolbar opens.
06-30-2007 09:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
samtheman

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus Featues! - Contact Information not showing
Hi,

Yes, this is true. By going through the chat window I am able to access the Contact Information. Why would I not be able to do this in the normal fashion of right clicking the contact name in my user list?

Can anyone explain why this and other option such as Display on Desktop, Open Chat Log and Event Notification are greyed out on this 1 contact?

It has me very confused... had it been all of them then wouldnt be so strange though just the one?? :S weird

07-01-2007 01:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus Featues! - Contact Information not showing
That would possibly be due to the fact you have more than 1 email stored for that contact. If you right click and edit contact, check in all sections that only 1 email is there, if more than 1 is present, remove the one that is not required to contact the person.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
07-01-2007 11:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: