What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Music Now Playing v.1.3.0 - Not working AT ALL

Music Now Playing v.1.3.0 - Not working AT ALL
Author: Message:
PhoenixTwo

O.P. Music Now Playing v.1.3.0 - Not working AT ALL
Hi guys, my first post here, so hi.. And good work to the mods/admins :)

My issue is this:
The Music Now Playing (ver. 1.3.0) seems to NOT like me at all...
I am running Windows Vista. The two programs I am using for my audio are Windows Media Player ver. 11.0.6000.6324 (latest at this point in time) and Winamp ver. 5.33 (latest at this point in time also).

Whenever I play an mp3 of some sort in WMP, it will just show "(stopped)" even though it is playing in the WLM PSM bar, and when I play a song in Winamp, nothing shows at all.

I have exhausted pretty much every combination to no avail. Now is this just my luck that it is not working? Or could it have something to do with the compatibility with Vista? Or does it just downright not work for SOME users (me being so far the only one I know of :)).

If anyone can shed any light on this topic for me it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.
04-19-2007 05:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
AndyG

RE: Music Now Playing v.1.3.0 - Not working AT ALL
This occured to me aswell. It seems as if the MsgPlus installation doesn't install the necessary plugins to WMP in Vista (32bit). What worked for me was to deselect the script from the preferences and remove it, also physically from the scripts folder in your MsgPlus installation.

I then re-downloaded and installed the Now Playing script. Closed MSN again, opened WMP making sure the True Launch Bar Remote Control plugin was enabled (Tools > Plug-Ins >).

Run MSN again, and enjoy a working Now Playing script :)
05-17-2007 12:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: