What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release]Anti-Freezing

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
[Release]Anti-Freezing
Author: Message:
Light86

RE: [Release]Anti-Freezing
To me "to fix" a bug doesn't mean "to delete" something good...
04-29-2007 09:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release]Anti-Freezing
quote:
Originally posted by Light86
To me "to fix" a bug doesn't mean "to delete" something good...

First...It jumps not delete,second how can you say that it's something good????????The check would be useless...WE KNOW THAT THE FILTERING TAKES PLACE ON MSN SERVERS SO...
04-29-2007 09:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Light86

To jump an istruction is like deleting it,with the difference tht its space in memory is still used...
For the check..well 1 don't know if just msn servers' check is enough(you say it is but if it really is...what is the purpose of doing it for the client too?)so I like better to keep my messenger as it is.
I'm not saying your patch is useless,so don't get angry,I just say that with it you cover a fall somewhere and make a new fall somewhere else.
N.B.I said "it isn't something good" not the contrary...leggi bene prima di scrivere:-#

This post was edited on 04-29-2007 at 11:03 AM by Light86.
04-29-2007 11:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Light86
To jump an istruction is like deleting it,with the difference tht its space in memory is still used...
For the check..well 1 don't know if just msn servers' check is enough(you say it is but if it really is...what is the purpose of doing it for the client too?)so I like better to keep my messenger as it is.
I'm not saying your patch is useless,so don't get angry,I just say that with it you cover a fall somewhere and make a new fall somewhere else.
N.B.I said "it isn't something good" not the contrary...leggi bene prima di scrivere:-#

Jumping is different:you can disable the script....I think that before deciding to not use my script you should understand what the check do:the check "scans" for parts of urls which could contain virus or worms.BUT THIS (I'M SO TIRED TO REPEAT IT),as Jessica Börjel,director of MSN Sweden said TAKES PLACE ON MSN SERVERS..What does it mean???:if you try to send a message that contain these string like "download.php",".pif" or "groupicture.php"  THE SERVER refuses it..This scan on my way of thinking it's USELESS because msn
can't protect you against virus in this way...why??it's simple first against virus you should use an antivirus,second you can jump this check:try to send a message like http://www.msn.virus.down%6Coad.php (this is equal of http://www.msn.virus.download.php) is not blocked,moreover for me this check is a censure:I CAN'T SEND ANY MESSAGE WITH DOWNLOAD.PHP even if these doesn't contain virus.MOREOVER MSN CAN'T FILTER MESSAGES TOO,it can't know all urls to block....NO ONE KNOWS WHY THERE IS ALSO THE CHECK ON THE CLIENT SIDE..Maybe i think it would be on the client side for an Improbable(for example if they are updating and they have disabled the checking,but this is very improbable) unblocking by the server....However i think that if you use a good antivirus and you have quite carefull you wouldn't risk anything even if msn servers didn't block any message...I'm sure that with my script YOU DON'T RISK ANYTHING...CAN YOU DEMONSTARE THE CONTRARY??...If you can,please DO IT...

E per quanto riguarda il fatto di leggere bene,ti consiglio di stare attento a quello che scrivi:
"To me "to fix" a bug doesn't mean "to delete" something good..."
hai scritto per me fixare un bug nn siginifica cancellare qualcosa di buono...ed io ti ho risposto come fai a dire che sia qualkosa di buono??parlare senza conoscere i fatti è tipico degli ingnoranti ti prego ti informarti la prossima volta invece di venire qui a criticare.Io ho solo cercato di aiutare gli altri,mi sono informato prima di disabilitare il check,ho rilasciato lo script inizialmente unicamente a dei beta testers,il tutto per rendermi conto se fosse pericoloso.ED HO SCOPERTO che nn lo è...quindi fino a prova contraria per favore nn venire qui a criticarmi è seccante subirsi le critiche dagli altri solo per aver cercato di porre un rimedio ad un problema..

This post was edited on 04-29-2007 at 01:51 PM by TheGuruSupremacy.
04-29-2007 01:50 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Checks in the client can be usefull:
- when the server check is disabled for whatever reason (maintenance, fall-out)
- when something is connected directly to the client. Some things in Messenger already have the ability to go straight to the user and not via the servers. It is quite possible that this will be used more in the future and/or for other things than file transfers etc...

I strongly agree with TB on this matter...
I also agree with the fact that people should be informed in detail what such tools do exactly. Even if not all people will understand it, or understand the consequences, some will. And with tools like this it is absolutely vital that it is understood what it exactly does and what the consequences might be.

Although, I also agree with the point that TheGuruSupremacy made that TB should have considered the consequences when he made the boosting of characters in messages.

IIRC I remember some discussions between Patchou and TB of why some things weren't included in Plus! while they were perfectly possible (eg: Plus! only boost the amount of characters to something far lower than what StuffPlug does, probably for these reasons).

Anyways, bottom line and most important thing here is, I think, that the user should be well informed in great detail of what such things do.

(and that TB's implementatoin in StuffPlug 3 of this fix is far better)

This post was edited on 07-19-2008 at 08:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-05-2007 12:17 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I also agree with the fact that people should be informed in detail what such tools do exactly. Even if not all people will understand it, or understand the consequences, some will. And with tools like this it is absolutely vital that it is understood what it exactly does and what the consequences might be.

Yes, you are right( :) as always),I was wrong,I should have informed in detail what such tools do exactly even if not all people will understand it ..I have learn t the lesson,Next Time i will inform people in detail..As always Thanks your Advice
05-05-2007 03:19 PM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
Oh well, doesn't really matter anyway ;)
Microsoft fixed the issue by simply changing the regular expressions to nicer ones after I sent them an email about it, so no point in either the SP feature or this script now :P
[Image: theblasp.png]
05-06-2007 12:12 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Oh well, doesn't really matter anyway ;)
Microsoft fixed the issue by simply changing the regular expressions to nicer ones after I sent them an email about it, so no point in either the SP feature or this script now :P

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
EDIT: DELETED....Now Microsoft has fixed this problem.The script is no needed anymore (Smilie)

:P:P:P
05-06-2007 12:15 PM
johny65

~777~

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Oh well, doesn't really matter anyway (Smilie)
Microsoft fixed the issue by simply changing the regular expressions to nicer ones after I sent them an email about it, so no point in either the SP feature or this script now (Smilie)

In which version of WLM Microsoft did that? I used WLM 8.1.0178, 8.5.1235.517 and 8.5.1238.0601, and when someone sent me a large message, the 3 versions crashed. ¿?
07-31-2007 03:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by johny65
In which version of WLM Microsoft did that? I used WLM 8.1.0178, 8.5.1235.517 and 8.5.1238.0601, and when someone sent me a large message, the 3 versions crashed. ¿?
It was done server side, and thus all version should now have the fix already integrated in them. You shouldn't experience the issue anymore.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
07-31-2007 03:15 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: