What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » suggestion-accessing external mail accounts through WLM's Mail button or systray menu

suggestion-accessing external mail accounts through WLM's Mail button or systray menu
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. suggestion-accessing external mail accounts through WLM's Mail button or systray menu
If we want to access our external mails which Messenger Plus! Live checks, currently we must open WLM contact list first. But what about accessing them through WLM's systray icon menu which My Inbox may have a sub menu with Hotmail, and other accounts which Plus! checks.

Also the Mail button on WLM can open a menu when clicked and list our Hotmail and other mail accounts (currently external ones are under Plus! menu). This is not an important thing because to access there contact list must be opened and the same thing is under Plus! icon menu, but I have thought it as an improvement.

Edit: I have just checked it and yes, if you disable showing Messenger Plus! buttons on contact list, there is no way to access your external mails but if it pop-up with new mail notifications. So editing that Mail button on WLM would be appropriate. I know some patches help people to get rid off that Mail button also, but then let them not disable it :d. You may say, then let them not disable Messenger Plus! buttons, but here you may be wrong. All menu items on that button and a bit more (of course except external mails), are accessible through Plus! menu on contact list. So if user disables it, it may be seemed reasonable.

Edit: And also if user signs in to messenger with a non-microsoft email address, then the mail button can still be used in this way. So it won't clutter Messenger Contact List without any use.

This post was edited on 06-18-2007 at 06:48 AM by ahmetgns.
04-27-2007 10:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: