What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Web2Live

Pages: (16): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
[Release] Web2Live
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Cool  [Release] Web2Live
Well, NanaFreak and I heard the other day about TB not bringing back Web2Messenger and realised how disappointed a lot of people were going to be because of this (source: Messenger Stuff).  So as a bit of a resolution to this problem we have decided to start work on something similar (using a script rather than a bot. We do realise the limitation by doing this but have justified reasoning that will be talked about on our FAQ page eventually).  Now we don't want to give too much away, but it is going to be run differently and probably won't look the same either (neither of us really had much association with W2M because of it always being down).

So far things are going good with the coding, the hardest part is getting NanaFreak to stop playing Counter Strike: Source and to help me work on this.

* NanaFreak slaps markee (he's sitting beside me as I write this :tongue:)

Anyway, back on topic.... so we have talked to a few different people on the forum about different things to do with this and we should be fairly well set we think, with one exception.... we need a design for the site.  We decided to run a little competition where we select what we feel to be the best and most appropriate.  Anyone with designing skills are invited to join in and (if the admin's allow for this) post a suggested screen shot of what it would look like (no need to code any CSS, just draw a picture will be fine... and nothing done in paint with just the black pen, ok Sammy?).

As for the prize for winning we will allow the person to join in our testing if they wish (or pass the invitation on to someone else of their choosing if they so desire).

We will be giving more details about the testing schedule and features later, we don't see this as being a small project and we want a solid base before releasing this publically.  I hope everyone is excited as us about this whole thing.

PS. The name we have chosen (for the time being at least) is Web2Live, but we weren't sure if that was too close to Web2Messenger....  If you have a better suggestion then go ahead and tell us, it is greatly appreciated.

PPS. Please do not just spam this thread, I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people looking here for information about this and I think they (like us) would prefer not to have to rummage through numerous posts that are not useful before getting to decent information.  Thanks.

EDIT: Places are open, but there are only 250 400 at the moment, so you have to get in quick before they are all taken. No need to worry about limitted places with a large dedicated server, not until we have HEAPS and HEAPS.  Go to the Web2Live homepage and follow the register link to sign up.  Enjoy and use responsibly :P

This post was edited on 10-12-2008 at 05:21 AM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
05-01-2007 06:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live
I came up with the name (H)

Anywho, I would design a website but I'm not too good :P - maybe I'll try if I get bored =p
[Image: jumbled.png]
05-01-2007 07:08 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
Sounds Great that's for sure...and I'm sure it will please most old Web2Messenger users...and I was one :P

Web2Live (W2L)...sounds like a good name name to me, especially seeing it's specific for users with windows live messenger and messenger plus! live.

Hope it all goes well for you guys!

This post was edited on 05-01-2007 at 07:18 AM by MattyRid.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
05-01-2007 07:16 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
This sounds like a great project! :D So, if I understand correctly, this script will interact between Messenger and your web server to transfer information?

I'm on for the design! I can eventually make the base HTML too, so you just have to implement your PHP codes and stuff.
And if you want me to, I'd love to join the testers, or perhaps, the developers team. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-01-2007 07:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
Nice, I hope this will be a project with a nice result! :D
I can't start making a complete fresh design, but I can help with the CSS and HTML itself. :)
Good luck! (Y)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
05-01-2007 07:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
For those of you who are wondering about the more intricate details, here is a little more information about this project....

quote:
Originally posted by markee to Mattike
basically what the script side does is do roughly what the bot did, it sends the username, psm, status and that stuff to a data base. then with NF's PHP we will display a signature and their avatar (if they want) and then messages can be sent back to the person through a form and this will be regularly checked with the script on the person's computer.  it isn't as thorough as what W2M was with being able to update instantaneously and you can't update your signature and such without the plus script, but their is also justified reasoning behind not being able to do that too (you dont really want to check your new messages when a friend is with you or on your mobile) and if you do then we will have a page set up for that so you can check your messages wherever you have an internet connection.  This method should be less resource hungry on the server too.  Sometimes we just need to make a bit of a sacrifice for this to be a long running and feasible endeavor.

oh and just for you guys, i can code html and css alright 8-)

This post was edited on 05-01-2007 at 08:31 AM by NanaFreak.
05-01-2007 08:29 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
Okay then. :)

My attempt, trying to stay in the Messenger Plus! Live feeling:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=813224]

.jpg File Attachment: Web2Live_layout.jpg (115.82 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1987 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-01-2007 at 09:42 AM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-01-2007 08:57 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
Okay then. :)

My attempt, trying to stay in the Messenger Plus! Live feeling:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=813224]

I really like that design Mattike (lol @ the watermark - I'm sure if someone wanted to steal it it wouldnt be too difficult to remove the watermarks :p) but it seems a bit plain - it needs something more but I'm not quite sure what...

Also, great idea markee & NanaFreak (Y) I hope it all works out!

This post was edited on 05-01-2007 at 09:54 AM by Volv.
05-01-2007 09:52 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
I'll do the php script for displaying the signature image :cheesy:
05-01-2007 10:07 AM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Felu
I'll do the php script for displaying the signature image :cheesy:
NanaFreak has already made that! :cheesy:
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
05-01-2007 10:15 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (16): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: