What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » disable emoticons as you write?

disable emoticons as you write?
Author: Message:
ameboide

O.P. disable emoticons as you write?
hi, i really miss a feature that was in the old stuffplug but disappeared in the wlm version, and i was wandering if it could be scriptable

its very annoying to have the emoticons automatically show as you tipe them, particularly when youre trying to type an emoticon that starts as one of the default ones, like :sxxxx, :pxxxx, etc, so disabling that autoconversion was one of my favorite features

i asked in the stuffplug forums but didnt get a clear answer, so i was wandering if it was possible to script it myself (i know some programming, but have never tryed scripting for msn). i did a little search but found nothing, though for the way this would work i really doubt its possible with a high level script... but it doesnt hurt to ask...

This post was edited on 05-10-2007 at 05:07 AM by ameboide.
05-10-2007 05:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: disable emoticons as you write?
quote:
Originally posted by ameboide
hi, i really miss a feature that was in the old stuffPlug but disappeared in the wlm version, and i was wandering if it could be scriptable
It sure is scriptable and relative easy actually because it is just a patch... And since that feature dissapeared from Stuffplug a long time ago, and since it was the only thing I would use from StuffPlug, I have made such a script for myself and a few other people.

Although I never released it in public because the method used is copied from StuffPlug and I didn't wanted to keep people from using StuffPlug (maybe just for this feature) if TheBlasphemer would reintroduce it in his addon.

I dunno exactly if the new StuffPlug (version 3) includes this feature again though.

But, if it is alright with TheBlasphemer, I will make my script public. I'll ask him when I get home (I can't PM him and I can't email at the moment)...

This post was edited on 05-10-2007 at 05:43 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-10-2007 05:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
RE: disable emoticons as you write?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

I dunno exactly if the new StuffPlug (version 3) includes this feature again though.

But, if it is alright with TheBlasphemer, I will make my script public. I'll ask him when I get home (I can't PM him and I can't email at the moment)...
I still plan to implement this in SP3 (in fact, I'll put some extra effort into it today ;)).
And as it used to be an SP exclusive feature, I would appreciate if you didn't just copy it to a script....
[Image: theblasp.png]
05-10-2007 06:08 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: disable emoticons as you write?
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

I still plan to implement this in SP3 (in fact, I'll put some extra effort into it today ;)).
And as it used to be an SP exclusive feature, I would appreciate if you didn't just copy it to a script....
no worries... (unless it takes a long time to implement and release and people are begging on their knees :P:D) ....

--

ameboide, so you'll have to wait a bit longer for it. By the way, Stuffplug 3 will be/is an addon for Messenger. This means that you don't need Messenger Plus! anymore to be able to run it. It will of course be compatible with Messenger Plus! though, so you don't need to choose between them either. ;)

Anyways, in the mean time you could disable the displaying of emoticons in Messenger as you probably will know. Not quite what you wanted but there is no other (public) way...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-10-2007 06:58 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: