What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger Error Encounter

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger Error Encounter
Author: Message:
ndysm

O.P. Windows Live Messenger Error Encounter
ok, so when i try to open mess, it won't. i get it encountered error. this what i get:

AppName: msnmsgr.exe AppVer: 8.1.178.0 ModName: gdiplus.dll ModVer: 5.1.3102.2180 Offset: 00047cd7
So, im thinking heres what i did before i got the errors:

Installed Adobe Reader 7.0
Installed/Updated Adobe Flash Player
Updated Java
Accessed Windows Live Hotmail

( i believe hotmail could be the problem. when i open an email, suddenly, wlm encounters a problem , even when it isn't opened. )
Finally, the file 'gdiplus.dll' with the exact case letters were located in Adobe Bridge Folder, Could this be the problem?

This post was edited on 06-02-2007 at 10:10 PM by ndysm.
06-02-2007 10:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger Error Encounter
I suggest following CookieRevised's instructions here on conducting a clean install of messenger and see if it helps.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
06-02-2007 11:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ndysm

O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger Error Encounter
I cannot run MSG Plus! Live Uninstallation, because it too now encounters the exact same error as Windows Live Messenger. it says the ModName: gdiplus.dll is the problem. Also, I tried using the repair Windows Live Messenger method from Add/Remove Programs. This file is causing alot of messenger related problems. Anybody know what to do?

edit: So far i've uninstalled Windows Live Messenger, didn't give a problem. However, Plus Live! is still affected by the gdiplus.dll file.
SUCCESS!

Problem: Apparently, A file that is located in the 'MSN Messenger' folder that loads like a library when booting Windows Live Messenger has problems with a file called gdiplus.dll. So , you guys may have to fix msgplus on that one. My messenger now works fine, however, I cannot install plus because of an error with gdiplus.dll.

Solution: Simply, delete Messenger Plus! Live folder in program files, as well as, the loader located in MSN Messenger folder. Reason for deleting the folder, is because when trying to use the uninstaller, or booting anything that is msgPlus process related, it has a conflict with gdiplus.dll. Well, hope that helps anyone who is having the same problem as me.

This post was edited on 06-03-2007 at 01:29 AM by ndysm.
06-03-2007 01:26 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
gdiplus.dll has nothing to do with either Windows Live Messenger nor Messenger Plus!

That file is not located in any of the 2 folders meaning that you either have downloaded a bad version of Messenger or Messenger Plus! Live. Remember to always get files from official sites.

I suggest strongly conducting a clean install using the instructions posted above and checking again.

Also Messenger Plus! Live never has and I doubt ever will use and exe file to implement it's features into Windows Live Messenger. It now uses dll files to do that. This makes it one of a few things now:

1) your not using windows live messenger
2) your not using Messenger Plus! Live and using some other addon that has a similar name
3) you got Messenger Plus! Live from a site that is not an official site
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
06-03-2007 08:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ndysm

Actually, im afraid your wrong. I've had Messenger Plus! Live for months now and nothing has went wrong ever since I've updated my computer that recent night. So it has to be gdiplus.dll, since I didn't update Messenger Plus! Live/Downloaded it from any other fraud site. I've downloaded from this site months ago, and it was working all well, until the last update. Therefore, it has to be a problem when i've updated my computer , which is the gdiplus.dll file.

Also, I tried to redo a clean re-installation of Messenger Plus! Live, and it didn't work. So it is the Messenger Plus Extension that is integrating its problems into Windows Live Messenger. As soon as, I tried running the Windows Live Messenger Uninstall it worked, however, for Plus! it did not, as stated before, because it encounters errors. I've deleted Messenger Plus! folder, Windows Live Messenger worked perfectly fine again. So it has to be the Plus Extension. Also, i've never had this problem before, and didn't say that there was an exe.

Im pretty sure my copy of Windows Live Messenger is genuine since not only i've had it for months, but I just re-installed it yesterday.

It should be noted that gdiplus.dll isn't in any of those folders. I never said it was.

AppName: msgpluslive-422.exe     AppVer: 4.22.0.274     ModName: gdiplus.dll
ModVer: 5.1.3102.2180     Offset: 00047cd7

Thats the error code from me trying to re-install the latest Messenger Plus! Live extension from this site.

This post was edited on 06-03-2007 at 05:39 PM by ndysm.
06-03-2007 05:29 PM
ndysm

Well, I still cannot install PLUS!, it keeps encoutnering errors.. BOO! :(
06-18-2007 12:33 AM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
I have 4 copies of gdiplus.dll on my computer:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\
C:\Windows\system32
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE 11\

gdiplus is not a part of MP!L (But it may use the file, i suppose)

try doing this: Start > Run > regsvr32 gdiplus.dll
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
06-18-2007 12:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ndysm

Ok , I did this but got an error that said:

" gdiplus.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file cannot be registered. "

Wasn't an error but thats what it said.

Also, one more thing, keep in mind I didn't say gdiplus.dll came with msgplus live, I said it is causing Messenger Plus! to crash or not function correctly.
06-20-2007 08:22 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
messenger plus does interfere with GDI, actually. but it shouldn't matter -- plus creates a proxy dll named "msimg32.dll", which is supposed to exist in the system32 folder. by mapping all the exports of the proxy dll to the exports of the real dll, it allows plus to seamlessly load code into messenger without anyone knowing any better. HOWEVER, "gdiplus.dll" is in the system search path and EVERY app will ALWAYS look in c:\windows\system32 FIRST, before attempting to look anywhere else. so, it couldn't have been a plus problem.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
06-22-2007 04:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ndysm

What do I do now?
Then, explain how Windows Live Messenger works on its own, after the uninstallation of MSG Plus! Live. It use to work good with it, now everytime I try to re-install MSG PLus! Live, the modname: gdiplus.dll is causing it to encounter errors before it even boots up.
06-22-2007 06:49 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: