What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can't Install

Can't Install
Author: Message:
shadowmerc

O.P. Huh?  Can't Install
I used to be able install Plus! on this comp but now whenever i try i keep getting error code 8004a. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still doesn't work, safe mode under the administrator account gives me the same error, i disables all security software to install, tried spyware scans and i don't have that smiley central thing nor have i ever heard of it. Last week the previous version would start installing then say  there was an error. This version won't even start installing and gives me an error right when i begin to install.

This post was edited on 06-09-2007 at 05:45 PM by shadowmerc.
06-09-2007 05:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't Install
It sounds like your installer file is corrupt. Try downloading the MsgPlus installer from a mirror such as http://mp.volv.net

This post was edited on 06-09-2007 at 05:47 PM by Volv.
06-09-2007 05:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
shadowmerc

O.P. RE: Can't Install
Yay! works.... But how come the official link doesn't work O_O, i redownloaded it like 5-10 times through firefox and ie, and used ccleaner to clean my registry. Just glad it finally works now ^_^

This post was edited on 06-09-2007 at 05:58 PM by shadowmerc.
06-09-2007 05:52 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by shadowmerc
Yay! works.... But how come the official link doesn't work O_O, i redownloaded it like 5-10 times through firefox and ie, and used ccleaner to clean my registry. Just glad it finally works now ^_^
It does work.. It's just because you downloaded it and it somehow got currupt, downloading it again just uses it from your temporary files. You have to clear your temprary files.. then download it again for it to work.

That's only a guess but I think it's kinda right :P
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-09-2007 07:04 PM
shadowmerc

O.P. RE: Can't Install
ccleaner clears out all junk/temp files, also performs a registry clean. I just don't get y it keeps corrupting and it's only his comp. I guess i might have a virus somewhere...

This post was edited on 06-09-2007 at 07:53 PM by shadowmerc.
06-09-2007 07:47 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by shadowmerc
ccleaner clears out all junk/temp files, also performs a registry clean. I just don't get y it keeps corrupting and it's only his comp. I guess i might have a virus somewhere...
Quite a few people have had problems downloading the installer from the main MsgPlus server, I wouldn't blame it on a virus unless it's happening to a number of your downloads from other sites as well.
06-10-2007 05:47 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: