What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Tabbed confusion

Tabbed confusion
Author: Message:
queerasmoi

O.P. Tabbed confusion
Okay folks... I was a stubborn holdout using Messenger 7.5 with Messenger Plus for months since WLM was released.  Finally I upgraded and I noticed the Tabbed Chats feature doesn't seem to work the same:

- In the old version, F9 would group chats together or ungroup, and my Plus! menu bar would have options like "group this chat" or "ungroup this chat".

- In the new version, the only option I can find is under Preferences, either to group all windows together, or not group at all.  Yet right at http://www.msgpluslive.net/features/ it says: "You can also use tabs to group just some special chats and keep all the rest in normal windows if you want."

How would I do this? (i.e. group A and B into one window, and keep C in a separate window)
06-15-2007 03:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Tabbed confusion
I'm sorry but you can't do this anymore as Patchou hasn't added all the same functionality back to tabbed chatting.  Maybe Patchou should fix up that page so other people don't get confused too.....
[Image: markee.png]
06-15-2007 04:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
queerasmoi

O.P. RE: Tabbed confusion
Yes, at the very least it would be good to fix up that page... and I would really love to see this feature re-included.
06-15-2007 04:46 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I too would love this feature back along with changing tabs to the new message when you don't have the tabs up, but I think it took a lot of work throughout the betas last time and Patchou may not want to commit that much time just.  He may add more adventurous features like this later however and may also base it on the new tabbed chat feature in Yahoo! messenger for Vista (which I believe is still in its beta stages itself).
06-15-2007 05:22 AM
queerasmoi

Oh I don't doubt it takes up a bunch of coding work... but as is, the usability of the tabs feature is miles beneath what it was in the old version.  Another issue is that in the older implementation, the size of each tab shrank to accommodate available space; in the current version, a smallish message window with three chats tabs gets arrows to go back and forth so you can only see two at a time.
06-15-2007 07:12 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by queerasmoi
Oh I don't doubt it takes up a bunch of coding work... but as is, the usability of the tabs feature is miles beneath what it was in the old version.  Another issue is that in the older implementation, the size of each tab shrank to accommodate available space; in the current version, a smallish message window with three chats tabs gets arrows to go back and forth so you can only see two at a time.
You can change the size of the tabs.  I've taken a screenshot for you.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=827571]

.png File Attachment: tab_size.png (61.61 KB)
This file has been downloaded 343 time(s).
06-15-2007 07:57 AM
queerasmoi

Well ok, that deals with one bit at least.

Still I don't really want to use the feature if I can't spontaneously go in and out of tabbed mode (without closing my windows) or remove single chats from tabs.  It makes it a little too cumbersome.
06-15-2007 03:14 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The way tabs are managed in this version are completley different and thus, grouping/ungrouping on demand was no more possible. I'll see what I can do for the next versions.
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-15-2007 04:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: