What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » BBCode Killed By Vista

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
BBCode Killed By Vista
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. BBCode Killed By Vista
i upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 32 Bit yesterday while messenger plus does work for the most part i noticed that it doesnt display nicknames in colours anymore, i dont know why this is any ideas, while the colours have some how now miraculously returned i would still like to know why they disappeared in the first place.
06-17-2007 11:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
KatieScarlett
Disabled Account

35 / – / Flag
RE: BBCode Killed By Vista
Where exactly the Codes are not appearing? And what version of Plus! and Messenger are you using? :P
Please answer those questions in order to help you. :)
06-17-2007 01:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
stuart, when you set colours in your nickname, do you use the button along side to set the colours? You might want to try it and let us know what happens ;)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-17-2007 02:41 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: BBCode Killed By Vista
ok heres my configuration

Windows Live messenger 8.5.0517
Messenger Plus! Live 4.23.0276
Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit

as for where are the colours not appearing, they weren't appearing anywhere in messenger at all, i had the colour codes typed into my messenger nickname from before i formated my PC to install Vista, after installing Vista i reinstalled Messenger & Plus and had to manually set it all back up again, some of my scripts have lost there settings and i am gradually trying to get them all back.

i didnt use the button along side the nickname box, however back in the gradient scripts infancy jayjay taught me alot about the syntax of the BBCode system that Plus utilises, so i am confident it was not due to a syntax error.

as i said in my initial post the problem has miraculously resolved itself somehow, however despite the problem being fixed i feel it's important to find out how it occured in the first place so i can learn from the experience.
06-17-2007 08:14 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
[Image: attachment.php?pid=828528]

.jpg File Attachment: bbcode_irccode.jpg (56.18 KB)
This file has been downloaded 329 time(s).
06-17-2007 10:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yes at first the setting was as shown in the screenshot but then i did change it to BBCode applied it and nothing happened, i even signed out of messenger and back in incase plus changes only load on signin and still it didnt change.
06-18-2007 04:55 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Matty's way is something different, and has nothing to do with stuartbennett's problem. "Enable text formatting shortcuts.

stuartbennett, how long did your problem last? 1 week?, 1 day?, or simply 1-2 minute?

And you said "Colours miraluously had come back". Did it come while Messenger was working, or had you Exited, re-run it before colours came?

And why are you so interested in this temporary bug? Just celebrate that colors are back :P These are computers, they do whatever they want, don't bother to find out everything they did.
06-18-2007 06:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Matty's way is something different, and has nothing to do with stuartbennett's problem. "Enable text formatting shortcuts.

stuartbennett, how long did your problem last? 1 week?, 1 day?, or simply 1-2 minute?

And you said "Colours miraluously had come back". Did it come while Messenger was working, or had you Exited, re-run it before colours came?

And why are you so interested in this temporary bug? Just celebrate that colors are back :P These are computers, they do whatever they want, don't bother to find out everything they did.

it last a about an hour or so, as i said earlier i tried exiting messenger and reentering and it had no effect, however i think it returned after a shutdown and reboot.
06-18-2007 12:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
stuartbennett, because you said all the colors and formatting dissapeared, script settings were gone, etc, I very strongly suspect this had something todo with Plus! being unable to read your registry.

This could well have been a glitch (or even a setting :p lol, the irony) in Vista itself. eg: like it prevented/blocked Plus! from reading the registry. Or your Windows account wasn't assigned the proper rights for apps to read the registry, etc...

Vista is very picky in those kind of things...

This post was edited on 06-18-2007 at 04:10 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-18-2007 04:09 PM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
I don't have Vista so I can't give specific directions on how to do this, but try giving the Plus! folder complete registry access..what Cookie said sounds about right.

This post was edited on 06-18-2007 at 04:46 PM by deAd.
06-18-2007 04:45 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: