What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Emotion Sounds question!

Emotion Sounds question!
Author: Message:
Mamemo

O.P. Emotion Sounds question!
I have loads of emote sounds on my msn-account, and I set them so that everyone in my PC can access the sounds. What happens if my friend, who uses sometimes my computer, logs into Messenger? Does the sounds get saved into his account, and for example if he goes home and logs there into Messenger, are the sound files still saved in his account?
07-11-2007 05:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Emotion Sounds question!
No, sounds are not saved to your MSN/WLM account as they are a Plus! feature rather than an MSN/WLM one. Instead, all information regarding custom sounds is stored in the registry on your computer, with the sound files themselves being saved on your hard disk.

In order for your friend to use the sounds you have, you would need to send the sounds individually to him/her in a conversation, or simply export your sounds into a soundpack and give them that, which they can then re-import on their own computer.

Hope this helps :)

This post was edited on 07-11-2007 at 05:46 PM by pollolibredegrasa.
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
07-11-2007 05:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mamemo

O.P. RE: Emotion Sounds question!
Ok, if I use my MsgPlus account in someones else's computer the sounds won't show up. Thanks... :D I am a noob at computers..
07-11-2007 09:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Emotion Sounds question!
- If your sound library is public/shared, meaning 'not-private', then everybody who uses your computer will see the sounds in their personal sound library.

- If sounds are in a 'private' library then they will only show up in the custom sound list of the owner of that private library.

- To make a sound library private or not-private/shared you need to set a special registry option (in Messenger Plus! 3) or toggle the option (general>sounds>sound library) in your preferences (in Messenger Plus! Live).

- The private/non-private nature of the whole custom sound library doesn't have anything todo with the 'private' flag of individual sounds.

- Custom sounds are stored locally.

In order to also have them on another computer you either need to export them from the first computer and import them on that other computer via a 'soundpack'.
Or you need to alter the registry on that other computer; you don't physically need to copy the sounds (as each time you use one of the new sounds for the first time it first needs to be downloaded, which will be done automatically).

This post was edited on 07-12-2007 at 01:07 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-12-2007 12:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: