What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.

How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.
Author: Message:
Narong

41 / – / Flag
O.P. How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.
Thanks for all reply.
07-11-2007 04:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.
As far as I understand, you want to read their chat logs without their notice. "DisplayWizardFirstStart", disable this option (you can learn how to do here Messenger Plus! Live - Registry Settings), because if people who firstly signin on your computer read the wizard, they will notice that Messenger Plus! can save their chats. Also not showing Messenger Plus! buttons on Windows Live Messenger windows may prevent them to notice that Messenger Plus! is installed on the computer.

If they already signed in on the computer, you must add the suitable keys for chat logging to the registry key of each person. If the information above is not enough, I'll write more about how to add keys to the registry.
07-13-2007 08:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Narong

41 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.
thanks for reply ahmetgns. I nearly understood all of that but if i'm not bother u too much can u show me how to do it? i'm not sure what command that i should use it.....thank you very much ahmetgns
07-13-2007 08:16 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
As far as I understand, you want to read their chat logs without their notice.
He doesn't want to read the chat logs of other the other users perse, he wants to log who uses Messenger.

quote:
Originally posted by Narong
How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.
This can be done by either enabling the Event Viewer for each user (and new users), either making a very very small script (which will run for each user anyways) or, if you don't care about when they signed in, just look at the stored emails in the registry subkey HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live.

--

Or you can even log it without the use of Messenger Plus!.

For this you need to enable the connection logging of Windows Live Messenger:
Tools > Options > Connection > Advanced Settings > Save a log of my server connections to help troubleshoot connection problems.

After that, the log, named "MsnMsgr.txt", can be found in the directory of the transfered/received files (which can be found here: Tools > Options > File Transfer). Look for lines with "Zone_HotmailService In CHotmailService::Logon" in the log.

This (debug) log even contains far more info than just their email address (it includes buddies, personal messages, nick names, etc, almost every aspect of Messenger can be logged. And an extreme lot of things can be configured/traced/turned on or off).

This post was edited on 07-14-2007 at 01:44 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-14-2007 12:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Narong

41 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.
I'm so Thank you for your reply CookieRevised. I'll try to do that u told me. That's great help....^^V
07-14-2007 05:23 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Enabling the event log in Messenger Plus! is probably the easiest and best sollution.
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-14-2007 05:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: