What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [BETA] YASS 0.4, formerly Status2HTTP

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[BETA] YASS 0.4, formerly Status2HTTP
Author: Message:
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked  [BETA] YASS 0.4, formerly Status2HTTP
Script updated Aug 12.
First major difference you should see is a name change. Reason? Status2HTTP was only the client side version name. In this version, I am also including the server-side scripts. That's right! you too can now host your very own status image! Also note that this version includes the GNU - General Public License. Basically, this means that anyone is free to use or modify this program, but please give credit where credit is due. I am working hard to create a versatile product and service, but I receive no compensation other than satisfaction of a job well done.

So why YASS? I'll let you figure that out for yourself.

In this version:
- Media formatting updates. In previous versions, I was basing the format of media on -dt-'s Music Now Playing script, and had no idea WMP et.al. used a different format. It should be compatible with all players now.

- Full image customization, powered by database connectivity. (this took the most work!) Previous versions had all images, fonts, sizes, x-y coordinates hard-coded into the source code. Not anymore. What this means, is that a status image can be fully customized with colour, fonts, images, sizes, locations and everything. Currently, there is no interface to change all these settings, it is done manually through your favourite database administration tool (PMA, anyone?)

- Support for multiple image configurations per user. Want to use both an avatar, and signature, and then something completely different on another site? YASS is for you!

The package contains all necessary files to create a default signature, as currently being used by me. The package is provided as-is, without warranty. I will not be help to setup your own version. However, some basic instructions:
-import the sql file to create the necessary tables, and add a record on each table per user. NOTE: uid and iid do not auto-increment on the image config table, you'll have to put them in manually.
-edit the db_config.php file, and enter your sql server connection information.
-edit the Plus! scripts' source, to point the script towards your web server, and its also a good idea to change the 'default' password at the same time.

Bug reports are always wanted! notice something not quite right? Post it! Even if its just something about someone else's image not appearing quite right, I want to hear about it.

Phew! what a mouthfull! Now, how about being a good samaritan, and go download that file, and test it for me!

Script updated July 31 to what I will call version 0.3. Few changes over previous version.

I have been mighty busy today, and I am pleased to present to you, Status2HTTP

What does it do?
  • Sends MSN name, PSM or current media, status in both numeric and text form (yes, that includes personalized status texts!) and display picture to a URL as POST data.
  • Sends MSN User ID and a password of your choice (after passing through a MD5 hash) to prevent someone else from submitting data to your script.

Known Issues / Bugs / Limitations
  • 0.1 Settings do not save after stopping the script. Reverts to defaults on initialization. This is so the script cannot be used very conveniently on its own during the beta stage. This will be implemented closer to a full release version.
  • 0.1 Personalized status text is not guaranteed to be submitted. As both OnEvent_MyStatusChange and OnEvent_MyNameChange are called at the same time when a personalized status is enabled, the http request for both is a race to the server. If the request from name change reaches the server last, the personalized status text is sent last. Fixed in 0.3
  • 0.2 There is no validation for duplicate field names. I haven't tested what would happen if this occurs, but I would suspect that only the field lower in the list would get submitted.
  • 0.2 Config window does not open. Caused by my own stupidity with find/replace. Fixed in 0.3
  • 0.2 The GUI is ugly. I'm not too concerned about that right now.
  • 0.3 If personalized status is stopped by only editing the tag in the screenname, the status text will not be sent as an update.
  • 0.3 When starting personalized status, two POST requests are made with duplicate information. The numeric value of the current status is sent twice. Changes in PSM are sent separately, by design.
  • 0.3 PSM will not update with current text, only previous text Fixed
  • 0.3 Signin and Signout were updating the wrong variables Fixed

To do:
  • Obviously, allow settings to be saved.
  • Maybe add toasts on submit. I personally don't like a zillion toasts appearing, but I will add it if it gets requested.
  • A timer, to automatically update everything, even if no changes have been made? Again, only if there is demand
  • A bunch of other secret stuff! Status sigs! Config wizard! And more top-secret stuff not even worthy of hidden text!I wonder how many people found this?

Other information
No, I am not using this script for my own signature yet. I'm restarting it too much to be reliable, and haven't bothered to edit the PHP or MySQL to allow it to work yet. I'm using it now, and it runs very smoothly, at least while I am not editing the code for it... 8-)

I encourage people to give it a try, and post any problems or error encountered. Suggestions are always welcome.

The default POST location will need to be changed in the source code of the Plus! script itself to point toward your own URL. Next version will contain settings saving.

The default POST script that the script is sending data to will only echo back submitted data in the debug window. No information is saved after being submitted.
code:
<?php
echo '
Submitted POST data:
';
while (list($key,$value) = each($_POST)){
echo "Key: ".$key . "
   Value: ".$value."
";
}
$numfiles = 1;
while($_FILES['file' . $numfiles]) {
    $findex = 'file' . $numfiles;
    $uploadfile = basename($_FILES[$findex]['name']);
    echo "File: $uploadfile
";
    $numfiles++;
}
?>
Changelog to v0.4:
- Too many to count. See above for basic description.

Changelog to v0.3:
- Made 3 or 4 different methods for data to be submitted on the event calls. Finally found a method that minimizes code duplication, and works relatively simple
- added OnEvent_EnterPersonalizedStatus and OnEvent_LeavePersonalizedStatus function calls

Previous downloads for 0.2: 15
Previous downloads for 0.3: 26
Previous downloads for 0.4: 111

Please see new thread for information about YASS 0.5:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=78213

This post was edited on 10-14-2007 at 09:19 PM by MeEtc.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
07-23-2007 01:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [BETA] Status2HTTP
without looking at the actual code:

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Personalized status text is not guaranteed to be submitted. As both OnEvent_MyStatusChange and OnEvent_MyNameChange are called at the same time when a personalized status is enabled, the http request for both is a race to the server. If the request from name change reaches the server last, the personalized status text is sent last.
use OnEvent_EnterPersonalizedStatus and OnEvent_LeavePersonalizedStatus and when those events fire, 'disable' the others from sending data.

In fact, you can do it even easier and with each kind of event:
- EnterPersonalizedStatus
- LeavePersonalizedStatus
- MyMediaChange
- MyNameChange
- MyPsmChange
- MyStatusChange
- SigninReady
- Signout
... lookup your screen name, status, psm, and dp all at once in each event (aka all the events would contain the exact same code) and send everything at once (or only the things that have changed since last time; this would also prevent double sendings).

;)

EDIT: downloading the script now....

EDIT:
- Big bug: config window doesn't show when clicking "config" (config is empty object, line 67 in statushttp.js).
- Big bug: you can only have 1 of each events. Currently you have multiple entries of some events (like SignOut).
- Note: you can have a psm as well as a media at the same time.
- Note: PSMs, nicks, etc can all contain formatting codes (as well as bbcode, irc code as internal style codes). Dunno if you want to send them as such or not.
- Tip: util_file.js and util_string contain some functions which can be made a lot shorter/easier. Some functions contain potential bugs.
- Tip: if((MessengerStart == false) && (Messenger.MyStatus > 1)) can be replaced with just  if(Messenger.MyStatus > 1).... and some other things could be optimized, but that's not important.

;)

This post was edited on 07-23-2007 at 03:37 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-23-2007 03:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
- Big bug: config window doesn't show when clicking "config" (config is empty object, line 67 in statushttp.js).

Yup, same happening here.
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
07-23-2007 08:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [BETA] Status2HTTP
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised... lookup your screen name, status, psm, and dp all at once in each event (aka all the events would contain the exact same code) and send everything at once (or only the things that have changed since last time; this would also prevent double sendings).

Ahh! Very good!

quote:

Uh oh. 67 is where initial fields are filled in after the window is supposed to be created, but i guess it isn't.
quote:
- Big bug: you can only have 1 of each events. Currently you have multiple entries of some events (like SignOut).

Fixed
quote:
- Note: you can have a psm as well as a media at the same time.
- Note: PSMs, nicks, etc can all contain formatting codes (as well as bbcode, irc code as internal style codes). Dunno if you want to send them as such or not.

Yes, I figured that could be the case. Yes, I do want the formatting, it will be important in future versions.
quote:
- Tip: util_file.js and util_string contain some functions which can be made a lot shorter/easier. Some functions contain potential bugs.

Blame Volv
quote:
- Tip: if((MessengerStart == false) && (Messenger.MyStatus > 1)) can be replaced with just  if(Messenger.MyStatus > 1).... and some other things could be optimized, but that's not important.

I guess thats what you get from copy/paste... 8-)

Other than that, thank you for the feedback!
07-23-2007 10:02 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
quote:
Blame Volv
Don't blame me, you use it at your own risk! :D
You're free to use/edit/modify/repackage/do-whatever with any of my code :p
07-23-2007 10:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [BETA] Status2HTTP 0.3
        :rolleyes:

I now have a working version, ready for testing for the general public. First 3 people to contact me via MSN (or the 'send me a message' link in my sig if I'm not on your contact list) and pass my questions, can be my guinea pigs err, testers on my server.

If anyone else wants to test, and has their own server, send me a PM, and I will get back to you when I'm ready.

If you contact me via the send me a message link, be sure to include your REAL WLM address, else you will not be contacted.

EDIT: 2 spots left

This post was edited on 08-06-2007 at 01:50 PM by MeEtc.
08-04-2007 08:30 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

38 / Male / Flag
Please welcome the following testers to my team:
wally
roflmao456
EBFL
SpunkyLoveMuff

Thanks, guys! You four and everyone else shall soon see more enhancements being rolled out.
Again, if anyone else wants to try it out, and you have your own server, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do about hooking you up.
08-06-2007 01:55 PM
Kriogenic

I own all.

33 / Male / Flag
RE: [BETA] Status2HTTP 0.3
For some strange reason I can't seem to find the "Config" button for this script :S
08-10-2007 01:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

38 / Male / Flag
its on the script menu dropdown on the contact list. note that settings won't save in this version anyway, when you close messenger.

intentional limitation, as it isn't finished yet
08-10-2007 02:14 AM
Kriogenic

I own all.

33 / Male / Flag
RE: [BETA] Status2HTTP 0.3
Oh lol, wonder why I didn't see it before... I am sure I looked.... Oh well...

Thanks for pointing that out.

Kriogenic.
08-10-2007 04:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: