What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Display All Custom Emoticons

Display All Custom Emoticons
Author: Message:
agh

O.P. Display All Custom Emoticons
hi,

i want to write a script to display all custom emoticins, like MsgPlus 3.x

[Image: msn4.jpg]

then how to Implementation in plus4's script??

thanks.
09-22-2007 02:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Display All Custom Emoticons
You can find all your custom emoticons when you type a "(" in a conversation and then select "All custom emoticons" in the drop-down list.

If you mean that you want to display all the emoticons in a script window (however I have no idea why you'd want to do that), you can make use of Messenger.MyEmoticons. However, I don't see the point of doing so as your screenshot shows Plus! 3's Quick Emoticons panel, and since Plus! Live 4.10, this feature has been re-implemented.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-22-2007 04:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
agh

O.P. RE: Display All Custom Emoticons
the drop-down list one is hard to find emoticons,
because i have many emot, About 2000 emot.

and ask my friend, they also say 4.1's emot panel is so small
and hard to find the emot.

There, In 4.1, as long as the add new emot will increase emot rearrange, so when I have a lot of emot, I can not remember the location of emot, I waited for more than a year, the problem has not improved, so has been used in 3.5, until recently, was forced to update msn 8.1%
Hope in a future version can be improved, thank you.
09-23-2007 02:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Display All Custom Emoticons
Well, it seems to me that a scrollable list was more interesting than a huge box without scrollbars, I can perfectly understand why Patchou would use scrollbars. But as you say, it may be frustrating to scroll every time through your list to look for an emoticon.

However, in Plus! Live you can create your own emoticon pages. If you open the Quick Emoticon panel and click on the little down arrow in the top right corner, you can click Settings. There, you can create a page by clicking New, add the emoticons you want, sort them and give the page a name. This way, you can sort emoticons of the same set in a separate page and find them easily through the drop-down list, like this:
quote:
Photos - contains all emoticons of photos
Middle fingers - contains all emoticons of "f*ck you"
Love - contains all emoticons about love
This method may take some time, but in the end you'll see that it can work lots faster than you could in Plus! 3. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-23-2007 07:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: