What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus! can't catch contacts' events sometimes, what can be the reason?

Plus! can't catch contacts' events sometimes, what can be the reason?
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Plus! can't catch contacts' events sometimes, what can be the reason?
I read these threads after I had experienced a similar problem. But none of them reports exactly the same thing with mine.
EventViewer not working
Messenger Plus event logs
Event viewer problem
Event viewer doesn't work
Event Viewer: Not logging activites of all users
Event Notification, Logging & viewer Don't Work
Pluslive - logging
Events not working
Event viewer
Bug with Event Viewer/contact information
Event List Bug

Yesterday, I noticed that Plus! misses some events. (Today and all the time before yesterday, everything was fine) But not only from certain contacts, or not only some type of events. That was all random. For example, it catched contact A went Idle, but couldn't catch when he came Online again, or vice versa. Or it catched contact B's Media Change, but for one or two next song, it missed it. As you see that is all random. There is no filter on contacts. And why I don't say only "Event viewer doesn't show contact activities" because the problem is not only with Event Viewer. It is all related to Plus!. For example, Event Notification can't notify for the event, or the missed event didn't exist in the Events Log file as well. And although I couldn't confirm but I doubt it wouldn't record contacts' some activities to the chat log files which I have chat.

But there was a problem with Messenger itself during those problematic hours. When I signed in, the Messenger tabs weren't loaded, and most of the features weren't working. For example, contacts' contact cards weren't showing the Space contents. Then, after some hours, I signed out, and resigned in, and Messenger loaded tabs correctly, and all other things as ever, and Messenger Plus! started catching events without any problem.

But I can confirm that, I didn't come from hibernation (some threads above are mentioning this as a possible reason), or I am not using a SOCKS server (and this is also mentioned as a possible reason for similar problems). Everything was already fine at previous day, and I didn't change anything with my internet connection after that day.

What I want to learn is, how can Plus! miss those events? How can she miss some of events while catching some of them in the same session? If it has been integrated into Messenger correctly, how can she miss the events? As far as I know, Messenger Plus! gets the information from Messenger itself (I mean, she doesn't analyze Messenger protocols) so the problem mustn't be with Internet connections. The problem must lie at the computer itself in my opinion. But today the same computer works fine :S .

Is there anyone who can explain the issue about all these things?
10-23-2007 08:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus! can't catch contacts' events sometimes, what can be the reason?
I guess it could just be some issues with the connectivity of WLM. Sometimes connection drops, but nothing visibly happens (why you sometimes seem to spam people with signin toasts)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-23-2007 10:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
The fact that your tabs didn't appear and contact cards couldn't fetch the Spaces info tells me you just had a bad connection to the server. Which is why it was fixed when you signed in later on, and everything did load properly.
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-24-2007 07:14 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus! can't catch contacts' events sometimes, what can be the reason?
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I guess it could just be some issues with the connectivity of WLM. Sometimes connection drops, but nothing visibly happens (why you sometimes seem to spam people with signin toasts)
Thanks Spunky and vacci. At first glance, your explanations sounded logical to me, but there are still one question mark in my head.

You are right, sometimes connection drops, so although we don't know when it dropped, we can't see any change in our contacts' statuses for one while (maybe this while is the while that there is no connection), but when the connection reestablished, we see that our contact's status has been changed, and since Plus! pulls these data from Messenger itself, doesn't she have to catch it as normal?
10-24-2007 09:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
It maybe because MP!L doesn't trigger the events for when it is first initialized. This means that if MP!L detects a connection error, that when it is finally sorted out, it's the same as first loading WLM, hence not triggering any events. Just an idea, although I'm sure somebody with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-24-2007 10:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: