What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Event notification, user online, shows user as offline

Event notification, user online, shows user as offline
Author: Message:
Logan

O.P. Event notification, user online, shows user as offline
Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium
Mgsplus version: 4.23

I have a custom notification configured for a few contacts, it is set to play a song for about 10 seconds, to let me know that they have come online.

However, with this set... I hear the sound, but do not see the contact as online. So I send an offline message, and sure enough they're online... I tell them about the issue, and they say they are set as online, etc... never do they show as online.

To fix the issue I have to sign out, and back on... then I see them as online. Now that I've removed the notification, there is no problem seeing them online when they actually come online.

This post was edited on 11-13-2007 at 12:40 AM by Logan.
11-12-2007 09:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Event notification, user online, shows user as offline
Event notification notifies ones appearing offline

Please search forums before reporting a bug. Neglect this if you have already searched :P

By the way, I wonder something about this bug. Can you test the case when you set your event notification such that it'll also display a pop-up window? When you also show a pop-up together with a sound, does this bug occur? Or does this bug occur when only a sound is set for signing in, without any pop-up notification? I hope I am clear enough...
11-14-2007 05:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Logan

O.P. RE: Event notification, user online, shows user as offline
Just tested all this.

I can confirm that if I have event notification for when a user signed in set to sound and popup... it works great!

If I set the event to notify me of a user coming online only by sound, then the issue described above occurs.
11-19-2007 12:40 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Event notification, user online, shows user as offline
Thanks, I have never bothered to test it until this time, but now I set a notification with only a sound and Messenger started to behave strangely. As you said it doesn't update the contacts' online status even if Plus! notifies for them but this happens half of the time. The other half of the time, things are normal. Messenger showed the signin toast as soon as I heard the Plus!'s notification sound.

Also, for one contact, it notified me about he signed in when he changed his status to Idle in fact (I know he signed in much before thanks to Plus!'s notification and at the moment Messenger notified me he signed in, Plus!'s Event Viewer showed he changed his status to Idle, so I think it catched the signin case on the second event of that contact. I believe some workarounds are being done for this problem. 8-)
11-23-2007 11:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Logan

O.P. RE: Event notification, user online, shows user as offline
Thank you very much for confirming this bug, I knew I wasn't crazy.

I'm glad to hear that this bug is going to be fixed.
11-23-2007 11:54 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: