What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [request] Logfiles in 1 big dir

[request] Logfiles in 1 big dir
Author: Message:
XanderH

O.P. [request] Logfiles in 1 big dir
Hi,

I'm using messenger plus for quite a while now, but unfortunately I'm still stuck on MSN Messenger 7.5.0306 with MSGPlus 3.61.145.

I want to upgrade to Windows Live Messenger, but that means upgrading to MSGPlusLIVE too. I tried this combination serveral times, but there's one setting that's annoying me.

I HAVE to choose between grouping logfiles by date or by e-mailaddress. But I don't want to group my logfiles at all! MSGPlus 3.61 stores all logfiles in one big dir, and I like to keep it that way. Why isn't that possible?

I use some external programs to process my logs, so no, I really don't want my directory structure to change.

Microsoft is making it really hard on MSN7.5 users these days, so I'd like to upgrade. But not before an option is added to store all logfiles in one big dir. I guess this is easy to fix, so, can this be added in the next version, please? :D I just want one big dir with plaintext logfiles. :^)

Thanks in advance!
11-13-2007 09:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [request] Logfiles in 1 big dir
Chat Logging Folders

In the second post of this thread, harri is explaining a way to do this. (I didn't test it, but looks like it really works) I wrote this because I don't want you to wait to upgrade until an option is added for this, because probably it won't :( Yo may search the forum for an answer.
11-14-2007 05:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
XanderH

O.P. RE: [request] Logfiles in 1 big dir
Thanks for that! It seems to work like a charm!

Only one tiny problem: I can't open the logfile from within the chatwindow. But I can live with that!
11-14-2007 06:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: