What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Scripting Bug - Group Conversation troubles

Scripting Bug - Group Conversation troubles
Author: Message:
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Scripting Bug - Group Conversation troubles
I've been writing a script that keeps track of group conversations, using the ChatWndContactAdded and ChatWndContactRemoved events.

It also has a function that gets a list of the current windows that are open, and if they are conversations with a single user, it will store the email of the contact in one variable, and if it is a group conversation it will store a list of all the group conversation participants in another.

Most of the time, the function works perfectly, but on some rare occasions, when I add a contact WLM will seemingly kick them out and re-add them, and when this occurs Plus! doesn't seem to be able to tell there is more than one user.

For example, if I start a conversation with user1@hotmail.com, then add user2@hotmail.com to the conversation, it will say in the chat window something like:

"user2@hotmail has been added to the conversation"
"user1@hotmail.com has left the conversation"
"user1@hotmail.com has been added to the conversation"

And when this occurs, enumerating the chat windows will say this conversation only has one person in it - user1@hotmail.com.

I cannot find a way to reproduce the removing and adding of contacts again on demand, and I think it may be due to server issues, but it has been happening a lot to me recently while I've been testing my script, and as you can imagine it gets very frustrating when I have a group conversation like that which it only recognises as a singe user one.

I've been trying reproduce it today so I can get a screenshot and debugging info from my script, but at the moment it seems to be adding contacts fine, however if it happens again I will update this post. Also, is there anything else I could put here that may help in working out what is happening?

Thanks in advance
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
11-18-2007 01:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Scripting Bug - Group Conversation troubles
You are right, there is a bug in there but it's caused by the faulty Messenger API not sending the notifications sometimes. There's not much I can do about that, I'm counting on WLM 9 to finally fix all these annoying little problems that were introduced after WLM 7 was released (and that nobody else seems to care about as this API is rarely used by anybody).
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-18-2007 05:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: