What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » emotion sounds

emotion sounds
Author: Message:
sammy girl

O.P. Undecided  emotion sounds
can somebody please help me??

I installed the latest version of windows live and messenger last week and I cannot hear the emotion sounds since. I can play a movie or some music without any problem. The receiver can hear the sound I sent.

Thanks!!
01-08-2008 09:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: emotion sounds
What version do you mean with latest? The real latest one is 9.0 but it is a beta version so encountering such problems with MsgPlus! is normal. So normally you are supposed to use latest public version of Messenger, 8.5.

Did you try listening to sounds inside Sound Library window, not inside a conversation window?

Are you sure your sound system configuration is fully correct? Try going to Control Panel>Audio and Speech Devices. Here make sure everything is as supposed to be. Also check the connections again between your sound card and speakers.
01-09-2008 09:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
sammy girl

O.P. RE: emotion sounds
I use the 8.5 version and I tried to listen to sounds in Sound Library window but nothing and my sound system configuration is fully correct as it is supposed to be and I also checked the connections a couple of times.  I still cannot hear the emotion sounds but the receiver can hear all the sounds I sent. Also I cannot hear the emmotion sounds sent to me but I can hear all other sounds perfectly ( even music or movie sounds).

I even uninstalled messenger Plus and messenger and installed it again a couple of times but still not working.

Due to a serious illness I rely on these sounds and it even can save my life that's why I need help with this problem so badly.

(sorry for my English but I am Dutch)

thanks for your help!!
01-09-2008 10:04 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I don't know whether your problem remains for you but I remembered that someone asked for help for the same problem before. Here it is: Emotisounds

But before reading it, I'll ask you some questions.

Do you hear winks' sounds? (To check it, select Tools>Winks in a conversation window's menubar and when Winks window is opened, select a wink and press on Preview button. Did you hear the sound integrated into that wink?)

Do you hear Windows events' sounds, for example while you are logging in or out Windows? (You can check those sounds manually, either by right clicking on Speaker symbol at systray (where the computer's clock is shown) and then select "Set Sound Features" or by going Control Panel>Audio, Speech and Music Devices>Sound Effects and Sound Devices. When you open that window, switch to "Sound Effects" tab and select an event among "Program events" there and try to play it, did you hear the sound?)

If you cannot hear those sounds as well, I recommend once more to check the connections of your speakers. Make sure every speaker cable is connected to the proper slot on your sound card. This is highly important.

If they are correct, try updating your sound driver. (You must click on Hardware tab on "Sound Effects and Sound Devices Features" window and select your sound device in the devices list. Press on Features button, it will open a new window. In that new window, press on Driver tab and press on "Update Driver" button. If this doesn't solve your problem, you can give a try to aphrodite's complex solution.

This post was edited on 01-14-2008 at 09:50 PM by ahmetgns.
01-14-2008 09:48 PM
sammy girl

tnx, I updated my sound driver en everything is working perfectly now.:D:D

Thank you again(Y)

My best regards,

sammy girl
01-16-2008 07:43 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Good for you, but I still wonder my questions' answers. If you tried them before updating your sound driver, can you post the answers? If you didn't and it's too late now, then ignore this request and just enjoy emotion sounds :)
01-16-2008 08:50 PM
sammy girl

I am sorry for not answering your questions before, but here are the answers.

1. I did hear all the winks sounds before updating the sound driver.
2. I did hear all windows event sounds before updating

As a matter of fact I did hear all other sounds except for the emotion sounds before updating. I use a acer laptop so I did not have to connect any cables to my sound card slot.

I now can hear all the sounds after updating the sound driver. My mother experienced the same problem today ( she also uses a acer laptop) and I updated her sound driver as well and her problem with the emotion sound was gone too.

I hope this will answers all your questions

Best regards
01-16-2008 10:03 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: