What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Quick Texts

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Quick Texts
Author: Message:
MAhrZe

Wickedly Safe

O.P. Quick Texts
small question, what are the "tags" or the format codes we can use on quick texts, example, now it's "/me" to address my ID, and (!N) to add the contact name on the window i use my quick text, are there anymore "commands" or just those two?

thx in advance
01-14-2008 05:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Quick Texts
For commands, see "Conversation windows' Plus! menu>Send Command" or "Command Helper" which pops up when you type / in the message area. Command Helper will help much than the menu items.

For the special tags, see "Insert Special Tag" menu in the same Plus! menu, for the formatting tags, see the "Insert Format Tag" menu in the same Plus! menu.

Also you can insert (!P) tags in a quick text to replace it at the send time, it will ask for you to input the value of that parameter before sending the quick text to your contacts, though you must have seen the tooltip about it in Quick Texts Settings window, haven't you?

By the way /me is not to address your ID, it is for sending an action message in only one line, like

* ahmetgns slaps MAhrZe around a bit with a large trout.
01-14-2008 09:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MAhrZe

Wickedly Safe

O.P. RE: Quick Texts
i think my words didn't explain entirely my question, when making the quick texts, which are the tags that are available, besides (!N) & (!P)?
01-14-2008 02:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MAhrZe
i think my words didn't explain entirely my question, when making the quick texts, which are the tags that are available, besides (!N) & (!P)?
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
For the special tags, see "Insert Special Tag" menu in the same Plus! menu, for the formatting tags, see the "Insert Format Tag" menu in the same Plus! menu.
You will see the special tags when you open Insert Special Tag menu, and you will see the avaliable commands (and their brief explanations) which you can insert at the beginning of your quick texts in the command helper window that pops up when you type / in a conversation window. See the modified screenshot of Command Helper window (you won't see those four extra buttons when you type / because as I said, that is a modified screenshot of it :))

[Image: attachment.php?pid=872710]
01-14-2008 03:15 PM
sulasno

– / Male / Flag
I think the OP is referring to this;

would be nice to add other tags such as emotion sounds, etc

.jpg File Attachment: untitled.JPG (45.42 KB)
This file has been downloaded 344 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-25-2008 at 02:18 AM by sulasno.
01-25-2008 02:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Emotion sounds cannot be send via inline tags. Or at least it is not avaliable for the time being. They work through commands which you must insert at the beginning of a message.

The commands which you see a speaker image by them in command helper window are built in emotion sounds. They come with Messenger Plus! and they have special commands with start with /s, for example /syawn sends yawn sound. When you insert that those built in sounds' commands, you can write an optional text after the command like,

/syawn I'm gonna bed

this will send "I'm gonna bed" message and will play the yawn sound.(*)

However for custom emotion sounds, you don't have an optional text option but they can be sent via commands as well as from the sound panel. The command you have to type is like

/sound #sound's internal identifier

you can find internal identifiers of sounds in Sound Library's "Edit" windows for sounds.

*Patchou, if you insert the built in sounds' commands from command helper window, it doesn't add the highlighted <optional message> tag after the command, however if you add it from Commands menu of Plus!, it adds it. Can you fix it?

PS: Who is OP?

This post was edited on 01-25-2008 at 08:31 AM by ahmetgns.
01-25-2008 07:55 AM
sulasno

– / Male / Flag
thanks for the tip;

going to test whether I can use quicktext to incorporate the sounds /text as well

OP= original poster

2 questions on quicktext;

are they stored in the registry and what's the maximum number of quicktext?

tia
01-29-2008 02:06 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by sulasno

Yes, they are stored in registry and there must be a limit, because in language file, there is a string "Sorry, you cannot add any more Quick Texts." But I couldn't exceed the limit with 60 quick texts yet. Feel free to add until you get the warning.

The path of quick texts in registry:

HKCU/Software/Patchou/Messenger Plus! Live/windows live id/Preferences/Quick Texts
01-29-2008 10:27 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Internal limit is 200 right now for Quick Texts :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-30-2008 12:15 AM
sulasno

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Quick Texts
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Originally posted by sulasno

Yes, they are stored in registry and there must be a limit, because in language file, there is a string "Sorry, you cannot add any more Quick Texts." But I couldn't exceed the limit with 60 quick texts yet. Feel free to add until you get the warning.

The path of quick texts in registry:

HKCU/Software/Patchou/Messenger Plus! Live/windows live id/Preferences/Quick Texts

thanks for the tip (Y)
01-30-2008 04:22 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: