What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Is this possible?

Is this possible?
Author: Message:
rainbow

O.P. Roll Eyes  Is this possible?
Hi!

Ok, heres my situation...

I removed someone from my contact list, only removed, didnt block that person.

Now, its been like 2 months and im curious to know if she blocked me or if she still has me in her contact list.

And since i dont have her in my contact list, i can't find out if she has removed me or blocked.
Is there another possible way to know?

I thought of adding her, and then blocking her right away to see if she comes online.
I just didnt do it because i dont want her to know that i re-added her, because then she would know that i had removed her.
Right? if i add her again, she will receive some kind of MSN warning saying that i added her...or not?

I hope you can help me...

02-27-2008 04:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Is this possible?
you can check to see who has you on their contact list within the options for Messenger.
Tools > Options > Privacy > See who has added you to their contact list
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
02-27-2008 04:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
rainbow

O.P. RE: Is this possible?
But that only shows the people that i also have on my MSN contact list, because i remenber that right after removing her, i went there and she wasnt in that list no more.
02-27-2008 02:20 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rainbow
But that only shows the people that i also have on my MSN contact list, because i remenber that right after removing her, i went there and she wasnt in that list no more.
Nope, that just means she deleted you before you deleted her.
02-27-2008 02:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
I checked it and if you had deleted her you couldn't see her in the contact list clean up. If she hasn't deleted you, then she will not see any message telling her that you re-added her. I also checked that.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
02-27-2008 02:54 PM
rainbow

O.P. RE: Is this possible?
Yeah, as Basilis said, if i removed someone from my contact list, i wont be able to see her in the "contact list clean up".
And she didnt remove me before i did, because she tried talking to me a month later after i removed her.

Well, anyway, thanks for your help, im glad that the contact wont receive a warning message saying i added her...again.

Thanks ;)
02-27-2008 06:58 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yeah, as Basilis said, if i removed someone from my contact list, i wont be able to see her in the "contact list clean up".
MeEtc was not referring to the 'contact list clean up' at all...
02-28-2008 03:55 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I checked it and if you had deleted her you couldn't see her in the contact list clean up.
rainbow can still see her, in the second view of Contact List Clean-Up window, "Show contacts who have added you". And that window is where rainbow could check for his friend's case. MeEtc's method works too.
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
If she hasn't deleted you, then she will not see any message telling her that you re-added her. I also checked that.
Basic principle is not that. Basic principle to receive "contact added you" warning is "not having the contact who adds you in either Allow list or Block list". So if she deleted rainbow, unless she removes him from her Allow or Block list, then she will not get the warning from rainbow again about he added her.
quote:
Learn using the second alternative view option of Contact List Clean-Up window. You may be able to see her there ;)
quote:
And she didnt remove me before i did, because she tried talking to me a month later after i removed her.
In Messenger, people can send messages to people without the need to have them in Contact Lists. And since you didn't block her after removing, she may have tried her chance by sending a message you at that moment without seeing you online. (not likely but I do this sometimes)
quote:
Well, anyway, thanks for your help, im glad that the contact wont receive a warning message saying i added her...again.
So she may have deleted you from her contact list and she may also have removed you from her Allow list because you deleted her. That means, she may still receive a warning when you add her again.

This post was edited on 02-29-2008 at 08:49 AM by ahmetgns.
02-28-2008 09:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: