What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9
Well guys Sopair 2 is officially out for the general public to download. Just to recap, Sopair 2 is a special edited version of Windows Live Messenger 9 which contains some of the most requested options for Messenger 9. It not only allows you to change the layout of 9 but it also enhances 9 in several areas such as the alerts and sign in window.

Please note this skin is ONLY for the Public Beta of Messenger 9 and you MUST have Messenger Plus! Live 4.79 or later to run the skin.

Features:
Ability to switch from modern and classic Messenger layouts
Add a 3rd Display Picture to the chat window
Ability to move chat window display pictures to the right
Enhances alerts to make them suit 9 better
Sign In window matches the design better
Ability to restore send button in chat window
Ability to hide button text
Ability to hide buttons
Hide whats new and tabs
Use Messenger 9 icons in the tabbed chat bar
and MORE!

Note:
This skin itself is a beta and was only constructed as a proof of concept that skinning can still be done on 9 properly. It may contain a few bugs here and there but overall it is solid. No support will be given on this skin as it is for a beta version of Messenger and a beta version of Messenger Plus! Live. The skins option panel is only available in English.

[Image: Sopair_small.jpg]

DOWNLOAD

By the way, don't ask me about ad-removal because everyone should know the drill now regarding ads and how to remove them.

Enjoy the release.
Willz.

This post was edited on 11-12-2008 at 01:53 AM by Willz.
11-11-2008 11:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9
the alerts look nice (Y)
i also like the 3rd DP :)
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
11-12-2008 12:41 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Woo an update :P Keep it up!(Y)
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
11-12-2008 12:46 AM
:No-Frost:

Msg Plus! 2 Official Testers

41 / Male / –
Go on with it man!!! It's an awesome work!!!!

PD: I know it's not possible, but I hate the add xD...Thought...I can't use A-Patch for the MSGPLus Skins... =(...

PD2: Just tryied with no succes... I can't send "invisible" messages (appearing offline)... And when I get online Messenger crash...

This post was edited on 11-12-2008 at 01:58 AM by :No-Frost:.
[Image: occl.png]
11-12-2008 01:47 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
One suggestion would be to remove some padding, if possible, on both sides of the convo window, cause it takes up a lot of room...

But awesome, I'm lovin' it!
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6546 days, 2 hours, 34 minutes, 50 seconds ago.

11-12-2008 02:25 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9
quote:
Originally posted by :No-Frost:
Go on with it man!!! It's an awesome work!!!!

PD: I know it's not possible, but I hate the add xD...Thought...I can't use A-Patch for the MSGPLus Skins... =(...

PD2: Just tryied with no succes... I can't send "invisible" messages (appearing offline)... And when I get online Messenger crash...

If you have had patches set up before it might cause issues. Skins do not affect any features such as sending messages. Skins only edit the layout and graphics, not the functionality.

Messenger dropping out when you sign in isn't a skin issue either. It does that a lot of the time, its just a Messenger bug.

This post was edited on 11-12-2008 at 02:49 AM by Willz.
11-12-2008 02:49 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Keep up the good work Willz. :) I am going to try this skin as soon as I upgrade to 9.0
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
11-12-2008 04:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Nice job, but is there any way to make search bar area transparent like you've done on menubar in '8.5 style dashboard'.

and do simlair thing for the 9.0 dashboard? Also, On 9.0 dashboard, is there a way for you to lengthen the area for the name? Currently my name will be truncated even though there's loads of space next to it. (if you need SS/more detail ask ;o)

This post was edited on 11-12-2008 at 05:23 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
11-12-2008 05:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Nice job, but is there any way to make search bar area transparent like you've done on menubar in '8.5 style dashboard'.

and do simlair thing for the 9.0 dashboard? Also, On 9.0 dashboard, is there a way for you to lengthen the area for the name? Currently my name will be truncated even though there's loads of space next to it. (if you need SS/more detail ask ;o)

Nah I can't do it because the search bar isn't its own element that I can move around in 923 like the mail buttons etc. Its part of the 1001 container which contains the entire contact list.

If I try to do the same dashboard effect for this it will just stretch the scene from top to bottom and that will just look dodgy since a scene is only 640x320.

As for the more characters thing in the 9 dashboard, what defines that is that amount of buttons you have on the right of it. Since the layout goes DP | Name | Buttons. The dp and buttons area are constrained to their original sizes whilst the name area is stretched to whatever area is left. If the word doesn't fit it will wrap the text automatically.

So yeah you can't really extend how long is properly since its automatically done. The only thing you can do is hide more buttons or remove a bit of padding or even make the buttons themselves a bit smaller. Either that or remove word wrapping (not actually sure if that is even a property anymore). Its not really an easy issue to overcome.

This post was edited on 11-12-2008 at 11:09 PM by Willz.
11-12-2008 11:08 PM
DennisMartijn

Im just gonna ask it here:
Will you be making Open 9? Or, however you would call it, the WLM9.0 version of Open Live? OL helped me alot, and it would most certainly do when I need to "relearn" the new ways of coding skins when 9 is released.
11-13-2008 07:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: