What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Chat Log - more options

Chat Log - more options
Author: Message:
ReelTym

O.P. Chat Log - more options
I have lots of different chats open at once and usually spanning multiple days.

When going back to look at the chat logs, it's difficult to discern which day the chat is from because the log only shows when the chat was started.  All the chatting from several days runs together.

I would like one or both of the following options:
1) Prefix all lines with the date (like the option to 'Prefix all lines with timestamp')
2) Start new log by date (instead of by session)

It would also be nice if logs and the log browser used year/month instead of month/year so logs appeared in cronological order.

Keep up the great work.  I'm a huge fan.
-Brad
12-04-2008 05:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Log - more options
quote:
Originally posted by ReelTym
I would like one or both of the following options:
1) Prefix all lines with the date (like the option to 'Prefix all lines with timestamp')
2) Start new log by date (instead of by session)

It would also be nice if logs and the log browser used year/month instead of month/year so logs appeared in cronological order.
There are also registry settings of Plus! which can be applied directly from Windows registry. These registry settings include some useful settings for chat logs. You can change the chat folders/files naming as year-month by changing the default value (MMMM yyyy) to year-month by, for example, "yyyy-MM [MMMM]" This configuration will produce "2008-12 [December]" and make it sorted chronologically. But you have to change all your old chat folders/files' names accordingly manually. See "LogsDateDirFormat" setting in the Registry Settings page.

Your first suggestion will be possible if Patchou, the developer of Plus!, makes the "ChatLogTimeStampFormat" setting works with date tags as well. I tried it but it doesn't work with date tags, it only supports "time tags". If Patchou adds this support in the next version (and notifies us about the change), all you have to do is applying the "ChatLogTimeStampFormat" registry setting with, for example, "[M/d] HH:mm" and that will produce ([12/15] 19:32).

About your second suggestion, there is a registry setting "ChatLogSessionWait" which controls how much time is past after you close the chat window. But since you don't close your windows very frequently, this option won't help you much. But if you set it to "0", when you close the chat window, you will end the current session and Plus! will create a new session.

Edit: I would like a day-seperator line in chat logs.

This post was edited on 12-11-2008 at 05:51 PM by ahmetgns.
12-11-2008 05:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: