What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contact List issue with WLM 2009

Contact List issue with WLM 2009
Author: Message:
Nattan Lima

O.P. Sad  Contact List issue with WLM 2009
Hi everybody!

I'm having a very annoyng problem with my WLM. A few days ago I decided to stop using my WLM 8.1 (that was working just fine) and start using the brand new WLM 2009.

So, I downloaded the build 14.0.8064.0206 at the official LIVE site, and installed it. But now, I can't see my contact list. It appears blank.

I've tried everything I could imagine to solve it:
- deleted the contacts cache;
- tried to refresh the contacts, by setting my computer as a "public one" in WLM options;
- tried to import the contact list from an external file;
- uninstalled the new WLM 2009 via Control Panel and reinstalled it;
- uninstalled using "ZapMessenger", to perform a "clean installation";
- uninstalled using "Messenger Deep Clean", to perform a "clean installation";
- uninstalled using Deep Clean, then used ZapMessenger, then traced all messenger and live related folders and deleted them, then traced all messenger and live entries on the registry that I could think about and deleted them, so I could perform the cleanest installation of all.

None of them worked. Using a friend's PC with the same WLM 2009 the contacts appear normally, so I guess it's somewhat local. It's seems that other people are having this problem as well.

I'm using Windows XP SP3, fully updated, IE8, AVG 8.5. No other processes running, just Windows' normal stuff. Virus and trojans seems unlikely (scanned localy, remotely and using an online AV).

So... any ideas?

05-05-2009 02:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: