What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Live Messenger and Clear Type

Live Messenger and Clear Type
Author: Message:
Relex

O.P. Live Messenger and Clear Type
Since the mandatory update to Live Messenger, I noticed that all the text in the contact list and chat windows is blurry whatever font you select and also when all the clear type functions have been disabled in Windows itself.

I really hate clear type, because it gives me a headache. My eyes continually try to focus on fonts which I just won’t see sharp.

I just don’t understand Microsoft. Why would they enable a function, which a lot of people just don’t and want to use? There isn’t anywhere an option to disable it, just like in the Live Mail.

I tried removing some clear type fonts in my font list. I tried using other skins, but nothing seems to work.

I read another option with a font replacement, but this only works for the contact list and in my opinion, MS should fix this problem and not the users.

Besides the clear type fonts, all the different colors for the status of the users really annoy me. It looks like a circus with all those colors. I rather like the red and green.
Another pain in the ass, are the animated pictures in the display container. Fun for once, but while chatting it is distracting. Also nowhere an option to disable it..

Perhaps Plus should make modifications which give the option to choose the fonts and disable of enable clear type, change the status icons and an option to disable the animated display pictures.
09-17-2009 08:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Relex

O.P. RE: Live Messenger and Clear Type
Doesn't anybody agree with me or should like to have this to be changed?
09-18-2009 07:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: