What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Different MPlus settings on different accounts possible?

Different MPlus settings on different accounts possible?
Author: Message:
auroraplus

O.P. Different MPlus settings on different accounts possible?
Hi. I've been using MPlus for years and I like it, w/o it msn would be nothing for me. Before that I used many different clients, just not to use the "pure" msn client! Now here is my problem. When I use the feature of poligamy, my second account's mplus live settings do not change. Scripts I use also run for that second account too! (like display picture changer...) What should I do in this case?
11-18-2009 01:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Different MPlus settings on different accounts possible?
Things like scripts need to be edited to prevent them changing the second account. This is not always an easy task for an experienced user (or some coders for that matter).

All settings of Messenger Plus! Live are "global" which means they apply to all users of the program. Unfortunately, this means that you must use the same settings across all open Windows Live Messenger clients.

I personally believe it would be a good idea to create a "Profiles" option within messenger plus that can be associated to a specific user account. Obviously some settings would remain global no matter what (such as poligamy... You can't have two Windows Live Messengers open if poligamy gets disabled ;)).

I may have to put the idea in the suggestions thread somewhere (if I can find it again)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-18-2009 05:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Different MPlus settings on different accounts possible?
Some corrections and additions to what Spunky has said:

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
Things like scripts need to be edited to prevent them changing the second account.
Because scripts always run globally. This is the way scripts work.

Remember that a script runs as soon as Messenger is started and Plus! is loaded. Thus that is even before a user signs in into Messenger. Hence the global nature of scripts.

quote:
This is not always an easy task for an experienced user (or some coders for that matter).
Unfortunatly correct. Although it is pretty straitforward and actually very easy when you know what you're doing (or read the help documentation first) and take 'polygamy' in account when you start writing a script.

quote:
All settings of Messenger Plus! Live are "global"
Not correct!

Most Messenger Plus! settings are per-user, thus _not_ global. Only a very very few (like the polygamy/multi-msn setting, the skin setting, and one or two others) are global settings. All other settings are saved and applied per user.

This post was edited on 11-19-2009 at 03:33 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-19-2009 03:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: