What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Does "Contact list clean up" really work/show right information?

Does "Contact list clean up" really work/show right information?
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Does "Contact list clean up" really work/show right information?
Hey

Does the classic "Contact list clean up" feature still work? I ask this because it shows I am NOT in the list of a contact when this contact just signed on and talked to me. If it doesnt work 100%, it should be at least noted...
11-03-2009 10:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Does "Contact list clean up" really work/show right information?
Contact List Cleaner
Contact list Clean-up problem
Clean up Concact

In short....no, it doesn't seem to still be working 100%.....and has definitely been noted.

But I don't think it's a Plus! problem as the information in Messenger's own "See who has added you to their contact list" feature is also incorrect and that is where Plus! gets its information from.....so it's most likely some kind of server synchronisation issue....something I've also noticed when adding new contacts, being told that the "Service is unavailable at the moment" and that contacts will be added at a later date

This post was edited on 11-03-2009 at 11:06 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5216 days, 5 hours, 54 minutes, 45 seconds ago
11-03-2009 11:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Does "Contact list clean up" really work/show right information?
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

In short....no, it doesn't seem to still be working 100%.....and has definitely been noted.

Where is it noted? I havent seen it anywhere in Messenger Plus! Just wanted to see Patchou's word in Plus!

(I believe you and the threads. :P Its just his view on the matter)
11-03-2009 11:28 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Does "Contact list clean up" really work/show right information?
djdannyp is 200% correct. As such, djdannyp's word (or anyone else's word for that matter) is as good as Patchou's, if you would ask me. Patchou has said and explained the very same thing many times before in many threads.

The Contact List Cleanup feature is entirly based on what information is given by Messenger. If you think that information is wrong, then you should file a report to Microsoft saying their 'Reverse List' isn't always correct. And by all means, please do that so they can fix the problem, because it seems to only affect certain accounts. So they need to have people to work with where it goes wrong.

Patchou can't do anything about it unfortunatly. Messenger Plus! simply shows the exact same thing as you can see in "Options > Privacy > See who has added you", but in a nicer graphical interface.

It would be almost the same issue as with categories. Messenger Plus! relies quite a bit on the information given by Messenger (remember Plus! does not talk to Messenger servers directly). If that information is wrong or if the used APIs have bugs in them (like with the categories) then Patchou can't do much about it.

This post was edited on 11-04-2009 at 12:25 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-04-2009 12:06 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: