What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Stuck Signing in.

Stuck Signing in.
Author: Message:
DeathMist

O.P. Stuck Signing in.
Hello, after a using the new WLM 9 for awhile without any problems, today i came to turn on my computer and noticed that the icons for WLM signing in are stuck... they seem to just keep spinning and spinning and spinning. If i click cancel the program just locks up. I then looked at my task manager to see that 99 % percent of my CPU is being used by wlcomm.exe so i close that knowing what that is and then WLM finally responds with a 800706be error code which apparently isn't listed on the Microsoft troubleshoot page. I can log into my account via ebuddy fine.

Somethings to be noted:
- Been running WLM 9 for a very long time. (Since it came out, no problems until now.)
- Tried to reinstall, uninstall and repair numerous times
- I've deleted everything related to WLM from my computer numerous times
- Tried that registry fix as well.
- I am running Messenger Plus!
- Yesterday it was working fine.
- wlcomm.exe runs using 99 percent cpu usage
- I can type in a random password/username and it will give me the traditional password and email are wrong error.
- If i click cancel WLM just locks up
- And as i am typing this Windows Live communications platform has apparently "Encountered" a problem and needs to close.... even though i closed it 10-15 minutes ago.....

Looking forward to some suggestions, anything really.
11-09-2009 09:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Stuck Signing in.
I have not much time, so maybe someone else will help you further but for now:

- Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of WLM 9 (there is a new version): http://messenger.live.com.

- Uninstall Mesenger Plus! to make sure it isn't the culprint of this issue. Although I'm 200% certain it isn't.

- Whatever you do, or what someone says, do not cripple or trick wlcomm.exe into not running. There are several "fixes" suggested by people who tell you to remove it or rename it, etc, but that will only cause you more trouble in the long run.

- It is normal that it takes a while for the "Windows Live Communiations" error to come up. That is standard Windows behaviour to tell you that something has crashed because you 'killed' wlcomm using Task Manager. Some other component of WLM was still trying to use it and after the timeout finally showed an error that the program crashed.

- Try to reset your contacts cache folder:
http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?project=WL_Messeng...r_80004005_WLM.htm

This post was edited on 11-09-2009 at 09:48 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-09-2009 09:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DeathMist

O.P. RE: RE: Stuck Signing in.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

- Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of WLM 9 (there is a new version): http://messenger.live.com.

- Uninstall Mesenger Plus! to make sure it isn't the culprint of this issue. Although I'm 200% certain it isn't.

I have the latest version, fresh download.

Also i just uninstalled MSN Plus! and now it just freezes when those buddy guys are spinning.. approx about 3 seconds after there first spin. The program is completely locked. Can't get it on my screen at all if i minimize.

Could the problem be wlcomm.exe?

This post was edited on 11-10-2009 at 04:52 AM by DeathMist.
11-09-2009 10:25 AM
DeathMist

O.P. RE: Stuck Signing in.
Bump, Help... please?
11-12-2009 03:58 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites