What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » windows live/msg plus error code: 80048820

windows live/msg plus error code: 80048820
Author: Message:
bgrateful32

O.P. Huh?  windows live/msg plus error code: 80048820
this error message tells me that the" windows live messengers connections troubleshooter was unable to identify and repair the connection problem", when I try to connect and login to windows live messenger. I had this same problem the other day, and after 2 hours of agonizing self troubleshooting, I finally upgraded my windows live messenger for win 7 since  I hadn't done that since installing 7, and low and behold I tried connecting, and it worked fine! well I tried again tonight not expecting problems again, and BAM! I get this again!  :@ I don't understand what the problem is. I've checked everything! do you think there is something I've missed? everything is up to date and both programs are updated! please help! :o

This post was edited on 11-15-2009 at 01:25 AM by bgrateful32.
11-15-2009 01:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: windows live/msg plus error code: 80048820
Can you uninstall Msg Plus! Live and confirm whether WLM works or not?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
11-15-2009 06:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: windows live/msg plus error code: 80048820
Hi,

First of all, note that such errors are from Windows Live Messenger, not from Messenger Plus!.

Messenger Plus! is an addon for Windows Live Messenger which only adds some extre functions, it doesn't replace Messenger. So you're still using Windows Live Messenger to chat via the Messenger network.

quote:
Originally posted by bgrateful32
this error message tells me that the" windows live messengers connections troubleshooter was unable to identify and repair the connection problem", when I try to connect and login to windows live messenger. I had this same problem the other day, and after 2 hours of agonizing self troubleshooting, I finally upgraded my windows live messenger for win 7 since  I hadn't done that since installing 7, and low and behold I tried connecting, and it worked fine! well I tried again tonight not expecting problems again, and BAM! I get this again!  :@ I don't understand what the problem is. I've checked everything! do you think there is something I've missed? everything is up to date and both programs are updated! please help! :o
Please, always search in the official help pages first.

You can easily access them if you click in Messenger in the menu on Help > Topics...

Or go directly to the help pages and navigate thru them:

1) http://help.live.com/
2) Help for Windows Live products and services
3) Windows Live Messenger 2009
4) Table of contents
5) Error Messages
6) Windows Live Error Messages
7) Error 80048820: You can't sign in to Windows Live Messenger

Follow all the instructions on that page to the letter. If you have any trouble or after you've done everything and it still doesn't work, you can click on the "Get more help > Get support"  link in the bottom right corner of that page to get personalised help.

;)

------------

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Can you uninstall Msg Plus! Live and confirm whether WLM works or not?
It wouldn't make a difference

This post was edited on 11-15-2009 at 08:01 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-15-2009 07:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: